Subject: Railroad thematic game for two / playaible with two persons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a railroad thematic game for two person, duration not more than two hours from easy to complex. What are your recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steam with Steam Expansion: Sicily & Malta is great. Or Steam: Map Expansion #1. Is that thematic enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For two players? The forum says 3 up two 5. Or am I wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowdonia works great with 2. Highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why he specified those specific maps, they are 2 player maps.

Railways of the World playing the included mexico map is great for 2 players. is less than 2 hours. but then you have opportunities to play 2-6 players. although 6 player will be more than 2 hours.
the wie and I have managed games on the mexico map in 1 hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries
Ticket to Ride: Switzerland
Freight Train
Empire Builder Rail Games - smaller maps are good with 2 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Train to Nuremberg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
Snowdonia works great with 2. Highly recommended!

I have not played this game, but there is a Rahdo Runs Through video that shows a 2p game run through, which should help you make up your mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
Railways of the World: The Card Game
On the lighter end of the spectrum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Leipzig
Germany
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, train games, my absolute favorite.

I tend to disqualify Snowdonia and Russian Rails as true train games, while good games in their own right they lack the path finding aspect that I find to be critical to a be a true train game.

A big +1 for the Railways of the World series. The included Mexican map is OK for starters but the European map is wide open for epic empire building but still stingy with money for two and IMHO much better. The North American map was designed specifically for lower player counts (including 2) but it has a number of extra rules/mechanics that I think distract a little from the otherwise very elegant game.

Steam is good with the right maps. I tend to favor RotW because it's nearly the same game with the distracting role selection auction removed and much better components.

Not a big fan of Rolling Freight at any player count (but it does play 2). While it does have path finding/route building, too much of the game depends on timing the order of contracts.

When you have more players (4-5), American Rails is a great out-of-the-box option. A hybrid stock/rail game but still has a strong path finding element. AR is a revised and updated version of Chicago Express which I don't like at all due to largely scripted moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.