Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in the rules book to remove the advanced alerts from the alert deck before starting the game but When do they come into play nothing seems to use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Dyne1319 wrote:
It says in the rules book to remove the advanced alerts from the alert deck before starting the game but When do they come into play nothing seems to use them.

They are described on the page titled "The Bad Stuff" (page 12), in the last section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Alfke
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, the "Bad Stuff" section doesn't say anything about the 'Advanced' alert cards.

...but neither does my rule book say to remove them from the deck. (I have version 1.1.)

Actually I only noticed halfway through the game that some of the cards said "Advanced" on the back. Am I supposed to do anything special with these cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
snej wrote:
Um, the "Bad Stuff" section doesn't say anything about the 'Advanced' alert cards.

...but neither does my rule book say to remove them from the deck. (I have version 1.1.)

Actually I only noticed halfway through the game that some of the cards said "Advanced" on the back. Am I supposed to do anything special with these cards?

Advanced alerts should be removed from the game until you are comfortable with the game. Once you are ready to use them you will replace some existing alerts with the advanced ones. Simply pull out a yellow alert and replace it with an advanced yellow alert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Alfke
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, JT. Actually I just downloaded the errata sheet a few minutes ago and noticed in the "1.1" section:

"Removed the “Advanced” alerts from the retail version of the game. They are too over powered and just frustrated and confused most players."

I have the retail version (ordered from TGC in early Dec.) but I got the Advanced cards. Was that a packaging glitch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
It must be a packaging glitch. I'll investigate it tomorrow. That said, you've got some extra cards, so happy accident for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.