Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit worried about the luck of the draw in this game, although I realize there are some mechanics to help mitigate this.

I wondered whether having 2 up cards and the choice to draw one or pick off the deck might be a worthwhile variant. Then one can balance when to draw cards with what you know is available.

Can anyone who has played offer an opinion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Stapleton
United States
Keller
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked goats before they were cool
mbmbmbmbmb
You post is from 2 years ago, but we noticed the slog through endgame where you are just trying to draw the right colors first. We came up with a variant:

-Whenever a Well is built, a card is placed face-up that can also be chosen from (ala Ticket To Ride). If this card is chosen, it is immediately replaced. So at the end game (when it is turning into a draw-fest), you will have the face-down pile to draw from, or 5-8 face-up cards to choose from (from the 5-8 wells that have been built). This lessens the end-game grind a lot and makes for a better, yet still balanced, end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.