Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Long-winded heading, but it isn't a record, and I like the suggestion that questions be specific for future-search purposes.

I recently transferred the picture of a user-created investigator to the Strange Eons site and successfully copied that photo onto one of the character chit shapes -- the tombstone -- which happened automatically.

But that is a special shape. The small cards are all shaped the same, a small rectangle.

Using the example of a Personal Story card, if I transfer the photo to Strange Eons and then select the small card icon. Does the photo and the card layout automatically appear on the selected card. (The Personal Story card has a reduced picture of the investigator as shown on the character sheet and then the investigator's name to the right of that). I know I have to type the name in myself, and any text, but does the picture auto appear, as it did with the chit shape, because there is a picture there and the program automatically reads it?

Or does the screen then transfer to a multiple choice format and you choose yourself which one of the small cards you're trying to develop?

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused by what you are asking.

Is this specifically about Personal Story cards? I recall the template essentially doing all of the work for you besides importing the photos. I would be better able to help if I was at home and had Strange Eons available to me.

I believe that the Personal story template is separate from the templates for other small cards (such as items/unique items/spells etc.) and as such there is not "multiple choice" selection to speak of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Separate templates. That's essentially what I was asking.

For some reason, though, on my second go-round, the program won't go to that page. When I click on "Create," nothing happens. Ah, the vagaries of being computer illiterate.

I do love the program, though, even the one time I successfully used it.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
Separate templates. That's essentially what I was asking.

For some reason, though, on my second go-round, the program won't go to that page. When I click on "Create," nothing happens. Ah, the vagaries of being computer illiterate.

I do love the program, though, even the one time I successfully used it.

Brian

If you are using Strange Eons 3, you will need to create a new file for the Personal Story. Go to File -> New -> Characters, Henchmen, Allies -> Personal Story. Then when the page pops up, put your text in etc using the tabs "Background" "Conditons" "Fail Effects" & "Pass Effects." On the "Background Tab" there will be a photo display box. Click the little File Folder icon under "Image File" and then you can select the image for the card and move it around to your liking.

Then save.

To print multiple cards in one layout, go File -> New -> Card Deck and Game Boards -> Deck of Cards. On this page, you can click "Add new components" to add all of the cards and/or investigators that will fit to the component list. Just click and drag them to the Display area to arrange for printing. Save and print.

I hope that helped. If you are not using Strange Eons 3, I probably can't be of much assistance, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I think I can get Strange Eons 3, so I'll put this on my quick bar.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.