Ryan Peddle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello fellow east enders. I wanted to create a thread for the Durham Region area of board gamers. I am 36 years old, married, no kids, and a growing collection of board games, totally 30 not including expansions.

My personal top 5 games own are, Smallworld Underground w/exps, Kemet, Level 7 Omega Protocol, Cosmic Encounter w/exps, City of Horror. These are 5 games of mine that I would never turn down a play.

I currently have a 6 person gaming group. All close, long time friends, and we have a decent time gaming. But an inconsistent group it is. We generally play every Saturday night at 8PM at my place in Whitby. Most nights this runs till 2am or later. I am the primary organizer with a weekly email sent out to find out who is available and their arrival time, find out what games individuals are interested in playing, and then organizing the games to be played.

The biggest problem I am having is getting a variety of games going, and playing more in depth, heavier games.

I have admitted from the get go with my group that you will probably never see me playing TI3 and other 'weekend's games. I don't have the time to devote to games like that. But I have no problem with a good 4hr game like BSG.

I also love a really challenging game. Difficult co-op games are especially enjoyable to me. I have Robinson Crusoe, that is a fabulous game, a real ass kicker if you let it get away from you. But I am struggling to get games like this to the table because a couple of things happens.

1) they simply get turned down by usually 1 or 2 members of the group

2) it does get played, and 1 person grows tired of playing it and sabotages the game (helping somebody else win, or stops caring about the group and Leroy Jenkins the game)

So I am looking to branch out and meet new board gamers in the Durham Region. Add some new faces to my group. And find more people who enjoy this hobby like I do.

Feel free to check out my games list, reply to this thread, or PM me to talk privately.

Later,
Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talbot
Canada
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
Be seeing you... -Alphonse
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I moved out of Durham a couple of years ago, but I believe the gamers I was hooked into are still gaming semi-regularly. They tend towards heavier games, for the most part -- and most of them enjoy wargames of various types. But Euros are also fairly common fare with those guys.

If you haven't already, check out www.tabsonline.net and look up threads on the east-enders crew.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete L.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan,

As Chris pointed out, on the TABS site and specifically, in the Conventions & Gatherings forum, there are a number of active threads for 'East-End' gamers. Many of these gamers are also regular attendees of our quarterly TABSCon events. The next one is coming up in a few weeks, so you might consider coming out and we could make some introductions for you.

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.