Subject: First game - Tipping the balance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter O'Kane
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
I'm currently playing my first game and would appreciate some help with the following queries:

Would I be right in assuming that a VP is awarded for each carrier strength point eliminated, and not fleet?

Rule 5.22 Can CBA units from the Orphan Box join a carrier if the route to that carrier at some point passes adjacent to an enemy influenced sea zone?

Can a unit Strat-Move through a land area that was enemy controlled but unoccupied at the beginning of the Player Turn, but was occupied by the Phasing Player during the Operational Movement Phase (immediately prior to the Strategic Movement Phase)? Rule 5.22 talks about uncontested invasions during the Operational Movement Phase not converting them to friendly control until the Combat Phase. But if the area was occupied from a neighbouring land area, would this constitute an invasion?

As the Japanese Player I've currently got two ground units on the ground locked in combat with CW forces at Gili-Gili. Can my LBA's fly over one sea zone to support further attacks, and if so, do they have to adhere to the 2 x LBA port stacking limit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Green Hobbit
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peter1966 wrote:
Would I be right in assuming that a VP is awarded for each carrier strength point eliminated, and not fleet?

That's what I assume.

peter1966 wrote:
Rule 5.22 Can CBA units from the Orphan Box join a carrier if the route to that carrier at some point passes adjacent to an enemy influenced sea zone?

While strat moving across sea zones, if the CBAs lands in an area adjacent to an enemy influenced sea zone, they must stop per 5.23.

peter1966 wrote:
Can a unit Strat-Move through a land area that was enemy controlled but unoccupied at the beginning of the Player Turn, but was occupied by the Phasing Player during the Operational Movement Phase (immediately prior to the Strategic Movement Phase)? Rule 5.22 talks about uncontested invasions during the Operational Movement Phase not converting them to friendly control until the Combat Phase. But if the area was occupied from a neighbouring land area, would this constitute an invasion?

Moving into a land area from an adjacent land area is not an invasion and control changes immediately per 3.25 if uncontested.

peter1966 wrote:
As the Japanese Player I've currently got two ground units on the ground locked in combat with CW forces at Gili-Gili. Can my LBA's fly over one sea zone to support further attacks, and if so, do they have to adhere to the 2 x LBA port stacking limit?

LBAs in contested areas may not fight during Air and Naval Combat Phase because: 8.42.g and 8.7 indicates the LBA must be in uncontested land areas to participate in naval battles or port/airbase attacks. Such LBAs could dogfight or ground support during Ground Combat Phase. There is no limit to the number of LBAs which could participate in such combat. Stacking applies to the area in which the LBAs are based, not to areas or zones attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Kane
United Kingdom
Whitley Bay
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
Thanks, Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.