Troyes: The Ladies of Troyes» Forums » Rules

Subject: a couple Qs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
The Level 4 outdoor activity in which you get 3 VP for getting there and one VP per cube you place there, seems like you could really rack up the VP.

You use a die with a 6 on it and you get 6 cubes, right?
You don't have to place one cube on each previous outdoor activity first, do you?

---2ndly,

As per activity cards with a Now & Later activation:
you have to use dice to place cubes on,
And use dice to use the cubes on a future turn, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) you may only place one cube per unique activity with a die. So, when you reach the 4th activity, using any more than a 4 result is wasteful.

2) with the now and later activity cards, you can only place or remove cubes with a single action regardless of how many activations your dice provide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Eeeville wrote:
1) you may only place one cube per unique activity with a die. So, when you reach the 4th activity, using any more than a 4 result is wasteful.

*blinks* Woaw... how did I miss that?

*rereads (English) rules*

Not seeing that stated at all. It makes a lot of sense, both given how powerful these activities are, and how the example works, but the rules as I read them just don't state this at all.

*searches some more*

Oh, huh, there's a note on the game page here about it being errata. I just never looked there anymore since first getting the game. Meh! What a whopper of a rules mistake. :/

At least I guess my overpowered win from a while ago really _was_ overpowered, and shouldn't have been allowed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
Eeeville wrote:

Still, do I have to place a cube on outdoor activities I-III in order to place a cube on outdoor activity IV? Or can I play just a one pip die and place a cube on IV?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobobob598 wrote:
Still, do I have to place a cube on outdoor activities I-III in order to place a cube on outdoor activity IV? Or can I play just a one pip die and place a cube on IV?

As best as I can recall, once you have access (ie reach that gate) to an activity, you can place freely among any activity you've gained access to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Payne
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have looked for an answer to the following question here on the forum and have not found it. Can the purple die be used in combination with a die or dice of another color? The rules state that when you want to use a purple die you choose its effective color, which can be yellow, white or red. It does not specifically state that you can use it with other dice when putting together a group of dice. Any insights into the correct rule here? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SP44000 wrote:
I have looked for an answer to the following question here on the forum and have not found it. Can the purple die be used in combination with a die or dice of another color? The rules state that when you want to use a purple die you choose its effective color, which can be yellow, white or red. It does not specifically state that you can use it with other dice when putting together a group of dice. Any insights into the correct rule here? Thanks.
Yes. If you choose its effective colour, you use it as if it were that colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Payne
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In combination with other die/dice if you want, right? Or must the purple die always be used as a single die?
Ignipes wrote:
SP44000 wrote:
Yes. If you choose its effective colour, you use it as if it were that colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SP44000 wrote:
In combination with other die/dice if you want, right? Or must the purple die always be used as a single die?
As if it were that colour.

Can you use any colour die in combinations? Yes.
Can you use purple die as if it were any colour? Yes.
Is it written in the rules to use purple die alone. No.

Imagine it is of colour that you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Payne
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input, Ignipes. That's what I thought, but I didn't know since the rules do not specifically state that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.