Clash of Cultures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Collecting Mood Tokens via Fishing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Say I have a neutral City with a Port that's adjacent to 2 Sea Spaces. Can I collect 2 mood tokens with a collect resources action? Or can I only collect a mood token from the sea space my Port is adjacent to? From my reading of the rules, I don't think I'm limited to collecting a mood token from just that 1 sea space.

But the sentence in the rules that's confusing me is the one that reads "City may 'Collect' one Gold or one Mood token from a SINGLE ADJACENT SEA SPACE instead of Food."

It's unclear me if the reference to a single adjacent sea space is supposed to remind me that the rule is 1 resource per space or if it's indicating that I'm limited to doing this only once per collect action.

Would appreciate some clarification. Thanks so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
By saying you can collect one Gold or Mood token from a single adjacent sea space, they are effectively saying that you cannot collect one Gold or Mood token from multiple adjacent sea spaces.

You only collect from one sea space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
KevBelisle wrote:
By saying you can collect one Gold or Mood token from a single adjacent sea space, they are effectively saying that you cannot collect one Gold or Mood token from multiple adjacent sea spaces.

You only collect from one sea space.

Thanks for that. I would have guessed it was the other from my reading of that sentence, but collecting that much gold and/or mood from a single collect action seemed almost too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Yes, the intent here seems very much like a balancing feature - just getting one mood in a collect can be powerfull enough (if used for absolute power it is ½ extra action).

Though you are not limited to the sea space that your port is adjacent to. So if that is blockaded, you can just collect the food, gold or mood from another sea space, that your city is adjacent to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
Though you are not limited to the sea space that your port is adjacent to. So if that is blockaded, you can just collect the food, gold or mood from another sea space, that your city is adjacent to.

I wasn't sure this was right, but you are correct!

Thanks for pointing that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

So, let me see if I have this correct:

1) When you acquire fishing, you can collect ONE food max from ANY sea space adjacent to your city.

2) When you build a port, you have to position it on a sea space (if there are multiple ones otherwise it is obvious)

3) When you build a ship, it has to be built where the port is positioned

4) If you collect resources, you can collect ONE food/culture/good max from ANY sea space adjacent to your city.

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
jonpfl wrote:

4) If you collect resources, you can collect ONE food/culture/good max from ANY sea space adjacent to your city.

Thx
jonpfl

A minor correction:

If you collect resources, you can collect ONE food/mood/gold max from ANY sea space adjacent to your city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaakko Tusa
Finland
Hämeenlinna
flag msg tools
badge
I find your lack of faith disturbing
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
jonpfl wrote:

Thx
jonpfl

A minor correction:

If you collect resources, you can collect ONE food/mood/gold max from ANY sea space adjacent to your city.

Just played our 1st game last night and we got this wrong. I guess city size doesn't effect ports ability like we played it. I felt kind of lame to collect 4 gold (3 size happy city with port) with one collect action, there really was almost no need to gather other resources at all. So only 1 gold max no matter what size the city is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.