Hide
4 Posts

Raid & Trade» Forums » General

Subject: Would this work 2 player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work as a 2 player game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Kühle
Germany
Landau (Pfalz)
flag msg tools
designer
Bonn - Forever loved!
badge
It is not enough to win - everyone else must also lose
mbmbmbmbmb
TracyB wrote:
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work as a 2 player game?

Yes, because of the strong negotiation element. Negotiation usually doesn't work with two players. It would be a simple race for resources without much interaction then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your response. I'm wondering if the race for resources would be entertainment enough? There are other randomising factors so it shouldn't be a case of using the exact same moves each time but perhaps they aren't varied enough to inspire different strategies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Seretis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
I've playtested the game, so I can tell you why in my opinion it wouldn't work as a 2 player game.
The board would have to be less populated with houses, causing players to occupy different sectors and not engage at all.
Trading would be limited to the black market, since by giving your opponent what he needs you cause your own demise. Combat will be sporadic but also completely unbalanced since the first person to actually draw a gun will own the other by depleting their resources, and causing them to lose even more time gathering them back.
rafting items will be more difficult because the black market only oriovdes certain items which you may not even need.
The global event cards will be even less global, effectively making them a boost to the player that picks them.

Having said all that, you might be able to play it and even enjoy it but it will not be indicative of what the game is really about.

I think that you might want to keep your eyes peeled for the semi co-op scenario stretch goal. That can be easily turned into a full co-op game for 2 players, and even though it will still lose some of its appeal it will be definitely playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.