Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Eaglemoss version of this ship seems like a good opportunity to have a good "monster" to cooperatively battle.

Does anyone have any ideas on stats and AI to pit a bunch of STAW year of hell ships against?

If you knew this ship was headed for the home world of the Borg (if there is one) and you were the Federation, I wonder if you would attempt to intervene? But really I'm just looking for a more ordinary scenario with maybe a planet and this thing and a bunch of opposing ships. What does the "big weapon" do to the ships? How does the non temporal weapons work?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
Not sure how accurate it is to the show, but to simulate the effects:

- Krenim ship generates a certain number of tokens each turn. These tokens can be spent to force rerolls of any dice (1 token per die).

- Chroniton torpedoes where Criticals bypass shields.

- Make the scenario where the ship is charging the weapon to zap the planet. If it accumulates X number of tokens (from above) it can fire the weapon and erase the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Wilson
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
of all the 'outside' factions in the Trek universe, this is the ship I am insanely excited for. This is my Scimitar, lol. I cant wait to have Red Foreman in my fleet, but the sheer epic-ness of the timeship and its capabilities should translate to a pretty awesome ability in the game, at least I hope.

I'm thinking crit bypass or a time weapon that might force the ship it hits to reverse its movement? i.e. take back the move it made this turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is another one of those "monsters" which you're almost afraid to make work "as shown" because if it did (and the target didn't have temporal shields) it totally erases the ship -- bang, gone.

Maybe the lower powered version erases upgrades from the target or captains if there are no upgrades or the ship once all those are gone?

If possible let's target this at an enemy force of 200 points if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, given the ship was out of sink in time, it was resistant to most attacks, but immune to just about all effects thrown at it.

So what if this ship was where they decided that things that target the ship don't work, so crew and upgrades get hit fine, but it ignores projected stasis field or Varel and such?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about an upgrade that you discard after seeing the results of an attack to step back in time ignoring the original result and make them attack again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braddock West
United States
Rockrimmon
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
SteRT wrote:
What about an upgrade that you discard after seeing the results of an attack to step back in time ignoring the original result and make them attack again.
VERY likey, what with worf, bio-neural circuitry, ikat'ika but also not exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vtmobius vtmobius
msg tools
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1220406/custom-krenim-tempor...

here is what i came up with. want to print out the cards and try to work on a scenario this weekend with a buddy of mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
vtmobius wrote:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1220406/custom-krenim-tempor...

here is what i came up with. want to print out the cards and try to work on a scenario this weekend with a buddy of mine.

Thanks for reminding me of this. Are you doing it as a player ship or as a monster? Upgrade cards are great for player ships, but for monsters, it might be better to have a more fixed set of options.

As my commenters have pointed out, with its phasing out of space time, you couldn’t hit it at all, so presumably this scenario calls for having those disabled already (as in the Voyager episode). I like your double critical hit way of destroying a ship (especially as a monster). My idea was trickier – first shot eliminated the crew, second shot the captain/admiral, third shot the ship or something like that.

It did seem to have restrictive arcs in the show as I recall, especially for the main weapon. And maybe the weapon has a recharge/cooldown time? – needed to correlate the temporal result.

As a player ship, the ability to say one shot a Borg Super Tac Cube with 2 ablative armors and attack cancellation by rolling 2 crits would be funny but maybe not as “acceptable” as it would be as a monster.

Let us know how the playtest goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.