Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried posting this in the sessions forum. I didn't realize you had to get approval there. Because I link to a session write-up I've done elsewhere, it probably won't get approved, so I am posting here for anyone that is interested

A couple of weeks ago, I played a solo game (just playing each of the 3 sides competitively, not the included solo game). I did so in the VASSAL module, which has allowed me to retrace what happened.

I have been [slowly] doing a relatively detailed write-up here if anybody is interested.

A couple of caveats: (1) I probably made some rule mistakes, and (2) like I said, it was my first game, I'm sure lots of strategic mistakes were made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting competitive solo variant is Frozen Valhalla. I'm enjoying it thoroughly on Vassal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody and their brother links to external sites nowadays, especially the new wave of brand name reviewers. Not saying I like it, but it doesn't seem to be something the mods care about and if others can do it, you certainly can. I assume you'd want to wait until you're finished and post the final version here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Everybody and their brother links to external sites nowadays, especially the new wave of brand name reviewers. Not saying I like it, but it doesn't seem to be something the mods care about and if others can do it, you certainly can. I assume you'd want to wait until you're finished and post the final version here.

I think it's a location thing. If you post a new thread in the session/reviews you have to get approval for the post to appear. Apparently, they generally don't like links in those, because they reject the thread (I already got the rejection notice on it.)

It's no big deal. I wouldn't have tried if I had realized it going in. I put the disclaimer up on the off chance that it got through.

I'll post here when I update there. The images I'm using are hosted there, so it'd be kind of a pain to cross-post the full thing over here. But I thought some might be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now posted the third turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job! thanks for sharing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got back to this. Wrote turn 4 in a little bit different style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.