Kevin D
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have recently started down the path of wargaming, and I am looking to find a way to see games/battles listed chronologically or find a game based on a specific battle. For example, I have been watching a documentary on the Enterprise Carrier in World War 2 - is there a place I can ask "what game covers the battles that the Enterprise fought in?"? I know that this is WW2 in the pacific, but I'm looking to find specific battles, for example Santa Cruz.

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum, but I have yet to post a lot, and I'm new to the forums.

Thanks much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I think you're asking the question on the wrong web site. I think the smartest thing you can do given the narrowness or your request is google where Enterprise fought and when, get that information from history web sites, and then come back to BGG with the names of those battles to see what's available.

BGG isn't really designed for historical details, though more than a few people in the wargames section try their best to wedge it in! A focused search of BGG via Google (as in "site:boardgamegeek.com Santa Cruz" might give you a choice or two covering each battle.

Fair warning -- more than a few Pacific Theater wargames are in Japanese only.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion:

Use the BGG search feature to find GeekLists featuring this subject.

I used the keyword "carrier" in the GeekList category and found several examples. Other keywords will probably produce useful information.

Good Luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks much. I have run across a few japanese only games. I'll run some searches on specific battles as well as using the carrier keyword.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.