Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Firefly: The Game - Disgruntled Captain? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Hooker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Love the game, but need some advice.

Cruising through the Verse as Mal Reynolds; the Moral, Soldier, Pilot Captain we all know and love.

I have no crew, I have 2 immoral jobs in my hand.

I complete an immoral job and get disgruntled.
I complete the second immoral job and get a 2nd disgruntled token.
I have no crew, so have no "ruttin" crew to fire.
I simply remove both tokens and continue on my merry way.

Should there not be some kind of downside for moral but wayward solo flying captains that dabble in the immoral?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moore
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main downside to not flying with a crew are the problems you are going to run into in space and on missions, if you can complete them at all. I would definitely suggest getting a crew, and if you or them get disgruntled just go on shore leave. It's not big of a deal and costs hardly anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug1644 wrote:
Love the game, but need some advice.

Cruising through the Verse as Mal Reynolds; the Moral, Soldier, Pilot Captain we all know and love.

I have no crew, I have 2 immoral jobs in my hand.

I complete an immoral job and get disgruntled.
I complete the second immoral job and get a 2nd disgruntled token.
I have no crew, so have no "ruttin" crew to fire.
I simply remove both tokens and continue on my merry way.

Should there not be some kind of downside for moral but wayward solo flying captains that dabble in the immoral?

You are playing correctly.

The only reason you aren't experiencing the downside is that you have no crew. You'll find other players who do have crew will quickly outpace you - they'll get through misbehaves much more easily and will therefore be able to take on more lucrative jobs and have a higher chance of completing them on the first try.

By the way, you'll get more answers to your questions if you post them in the game specific forum for the game they concern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Larson
United States
Spanish Fork
UT - Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I envision a disgruntled Mal skulking around Serenety going "man I wish Jane were here so I could throw him of my ruttin ship."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hooker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you for the advice - am new to this site and wasn't sure how to navigate to the 'firefly: the game' specific forum.

Was considering a house rule where we apply a lost action as a penalty if in this scenario again (to allow Mal to consider the error of his immoral ways fully before taking the next job.)

Thank you everyone for all your comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.