Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzych Kowalczyk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys

Ever since 40k Conquest came out I'm finding it hard to divide my limited free time between two competitive games. Conquest seems to have a much bigger playerbase and tournament scene locally, so I'm contemplating giving up on Dice Masters to reallocate funds to other stuff (like the Imperial Assault Impending Release Fund or the Miniature Wargame Kickstarter Of The Month Backup Assets).

My question is: what would be a fair asking price for a complete set of AvX? This includes:
- A single copy of every card, including the four SRs
- All the sidekicks and actions and assorted stuff from the starter set, sans the dice bags (tossed those )
- Four dice for every character that has a card with an energy cost of 3 or less
- Three dice for every character that has cards with an energy cost of 4 or more
- All OP rewards up to and including Month Four (ie. Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Colossus plus the four basic actions)

Everything in prime condition, used and played but went directly from packs to sleeves so no wear other than what you get out of the pack.

I'm seriously having a problem pricing this out, any help would be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to eBay, a full C/UC set goes for about $25 USD or so. Since you've got multiple dice per character, I'd say double that amount, so $50.

For the rare and SR cards, I'd probably just add up the singles price - so we're looking at, say $6 USD average per rare (give or take a bit, I'm just estimating) for 30 cards, so that's $180.

Now, the SR cards are going for a total of $190 on CoolStuffInc, and an opened starter might be worth, say $10.

So we're at $430 without accounting for the OP stuff. I'm not so sure of its worth - I don't know how available the OP cards are worldwide (they seem to be tough to come by here). Maybe $70 would be appropriate?

That takes you to an even $500 USD. Now since I've gone for an online retailer selling singles, that may be a little overestimated vs. what someone would pay for a bulk lot, so if we take off 10% we're at $450.

Of course, what I think it's worth and what someone will pay may be entirely different, but I'd say that $450 would be a fair price to get everything at once, in good condition.

You might find that splitting it up and selling things individually nets you more money, as that's often the case when selling stuff like this, but whether that's worth the extra hassle of multiple shipments is up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As hard as it is to find a case of AvX Gravity Feeds, I would be very hesitant to valuate your set past the cost of a case of Gravity feeds, which is $360.

Considering how many less dice your set is compared to 360 packs, I would actually say $250 to $300.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mynameisthis wrote:
As hard as it is to find a case of AvX Gravity Feeds, I would be very hesitant to valuate your set past the cost of a case of Gravity feeds, which is $360.

Right, that's a good point that I had forgotten - a case of GF is supposed to guarantee a full set, plus lots of extra cards (which could be then sold off) so pitching far above the value of a case probably won't work. However, take into account the local market. I don't know about Europe, but in Australia a case of GFs would be worth closer to $400 USD, so going from a starting point of $360 USD would be undervaluing a bit for local sales.

Quote:
Considering how many less dice your set is compared to 360 packs, I would actually say $250 to $300.

Remember that the OP cards are included though, which would presumably add a reasonable amount to the price.

Having said that, there's no harm in asking a bit extra to begin with - you can always lower the price if there's no interest. It's better than significantly undervaluing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah right, forgot about the OP cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are after the $ then sell them individually(super rares and rares) or in lots(complete set of commons/uncommons). If you just want to get rid of them then put them out at a price you would be satisfied with getting for the set.

I recently sold 3 super rares and 8 rares in one lot for $100 Australian. The buyer was stoked to get it all at half cost to what he would have spent on the internet. Not to mention at the time you could not buy AvX off the shelf and you still cant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I'm going to enjoy watching you die Mr. Anderson.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to EBay and look at the completed listings of similar collections. That will give you a good idea of what people are actually willing to pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got well over $400 for mine but that was months ago when the hype was at its height. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzych Kowalczyk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the pointers!

So, anyone up for taking the above off my hands for 300$ or local equivalent? Will ship free within the EU, but will charge (within reason) overseas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.