Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I love the components in WoK! There is no other game outside Clash of Cultures that can come close. Anyways, the fortifications were shown without bases during the Kickstarter campaign, however, bases were added to them during production. Well, this causes the fortifications to tower over the villages and they just don't look right to me. This photo doesn't give that impression, but in person it is more obvious.

So, I took a dremel to them and they look a LOT better to me once everything is painted. Now I can start the painting process..... devil

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i would agree with you, but not being "dremel kind of guy" I think i'll just add a small/round/wooden disk under the villages/towns/cities to raise them slightly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Robinson

Alabama
msg tools
Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you liked all the components. The combat dice might be my favorite. They work better if you stand up while you roll them.

That's pretty cool what you did there. Definitely want to see how it all turns out. We'd love to collect a gallery of all the player created paint schemes/mods!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work!

Dremels are the best. After the cordless drill, gotta be my most used tool around the house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
trebormills wrote:
John_VW wrote:
i would agree with you, but not being "dremel kind of guy" I think i'll just add a small/round/wooden disk under the villages/towns/cities to raise them slightly...

I must admit to be more tempted by raising the villages etc rather than mangling the walls

I was thinking about doing that, but then the settlements don't look natural raised up like that. I am absolutely thrilled with how well the fortifications turned out.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trebormills wrote:
John_VW wrote:

I must admit to be more tempted by raising the villages etc rather than mangling the walls
I got some round wooden discs (same size), will paint them a generic gray/brown/etc and glue them to the bottom...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosef Bender

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As most villages and towns don't get fortification making a small hill instead of a disk would raise the village and make it look natural.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yosefbender wrote:
As most villages and towns don't get fortification making a small hill instead of a disk would raise the village and make it look natural.
yep, "if" I had a small hill (smile)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the fortresses painted and they fit the settlements really well with the bases cut off.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosef Bender

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazy man solution..
as the original post indicated the settlements are much too low or the walls too high . I was considering making a hill Mold to fit under the settlements but I got lazy So I glued Some card stock to the bottom of the fortresses and filled them with hot glue,Up a level and then sprinkled some Green turf on top. You have to put the settlements and from the top and the Castle is rather difficult Angle in a specially a city but they do fit problem solved in 30 min. instead of spending the weekend making Hills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.