Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Have Tzaar, next Gipf project game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julie C
msg tools
I have Tzaar and enjoy it quite a bit. Which game should be my next purchase; Dvonn, Zertz, Gipf, Punct, or Yinsh? Would like one with mechanics most different from Tzaar. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dvonn, Zertz, Yinsh are all great and very different.

Hard for me to pick a favorite, but Yinsh and Zertz are the most accessible I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie C
msg tools
Was thinking Zertz or Dvonn since the board on those can be quite fluid. I did read that Punct is considered to be a bit of a brain burner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Punct to be the worst of the bunch. I like the other games in the series better - they felt more elegant and straightforward/deep.

With Punct I didn't see much of a game, somehow it didn't do it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
It seems everyone has their project GIPF favourite. I have four and had no idea which I would like more before having played them. Although similar, they seem to demand different ways of thinking. For me ZÉRTZ is unbeatable - elegant, different, great finish. My girlfriend on the other hand is in love with YINSH and we repeatedly beat each other so she wins YINSH and I ZÉRTZ. I think the answer is you need to try them before you can tell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are all good games and I´m not sure if I can tell what is my favorite one.
But you can play them all at boardspace.net for free and without registration, so I think this will be the best way to get your own opineon about the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie C
msg tools
Thanks to all for the insight. Will look at boardspace. Zertz is the current frontrunner for next purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Great choice! I put all the pieces in a cloth bag and took it with me while travelling to India and played a lot there. That's another bonus of that game - no board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie C
msg tools
Yes! Good idea to take it to a coffee house. If you see me playing, feel free to ask for a game. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.