Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about bystanders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A question that just came up, i had a bystander come up as first card when no villains where present in the city. He ended up under Kingpin. Does he end up at the bottom and whatever card you fight under Kingpin you get that bystander the first fight?
Also a second question. If i play the spiderman card saying: Rescue a bystander. can i simply remove the bystander from underneath Kingpin and then do the rest of the text on the spiderman card.."reveal the top card etc etc"?
And another question not concerning bystanders but that came up now was around Black cats Pickpocket card. That seemed a little bit too powerful the way i used it. I was going to fight Hammerhead and the revealed card had 4 star and 2 fight so it gave my pickpocket card 6 fight? is that the way you use it?
/Zol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zolamnus wrote:
A question that just came up, i had a bystander come up as first card when no villains where present in the city. He ended up under Kingpin. Does he end up at the bottom and whatever card you fight under Kingpin you get that bystander the first fight?

Yes. If you have enough attack (or in the case of bribe; attack/recruit) to fight and defeat the mastermind you will get any&all bystanders underneath the mastermind.

zolamnus wrote:
Also a second question. If i play the spiderman card saying: Rescue a bystander. can i simply remove the bystander from underneath Kingpin and then do the rest of the text on the spiderman card.."reveal the top card etc etc"?

"Rescue a bystander" doesn't mean that you take it from a villain or mastermind; it means that you take it from the stack of bystanders. If you are ever instructed to Rescue a bystander, you always take it from the stack.

zolamnus wrote:
And another question not concerning bystanders but that came up now was around Black cats Pickpocket card. That seemed a little bit too powerful the way i used it. I was going to fight Hammerhead and the revealed card had 4 star and 2 fight so it gave my pickpocket card 6 fight? is that the way you use it?
/Zol.

I don't remember the exact card off the top of my head; hopefully someone else can answer this for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
zolamnus wrote:

Yes. If you have enough attack (or in the case of bribe; attack/recruit) to fight and defeat the mastermind you will get any&all bystanders underneath the mastermind.

zolamnus wrote:

"Rescue a bystander" doesn't mean that you take it from a villain or mastermind; it means that you take it from the stack of bystanders. If you are ever instructed to Rescue a bystander, you always take it from the stack.

zolamnus wrote:
/Zol.

I don't remember the exact card off the top of my head; hopefully someone else can answer this for you!

thank you
Also, have a question about fights, like now im using Daredevil. He has those cards were you guess what number of credit is on the next card in your deck and u get the card if you guess correctly.
If i lets say wanna attack Kingpin this round and he is at 13 fight. I start laying down the cards to attack, and it only adds up to 10 in fight, however i might get extra IF those numbers im guessing on are correct. BUT if its not, what happens then? Do i loose all of those cards and Kingpin won, so it becomes like a gamble?
Lil confused about that part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wohlganger
United States
Valley City
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot fight anything until you have the "fight" points stored up equal or greater than its fight value. Each card effect takes place as it is played, unless it says otherwise. So - for the Daredevil cards, you play the card, get an amount of fight, make your guess, reveal the top card, and if it matches your guess you get more fight - nothing can happen between those actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zolamnus wrote:
thank you
Also, have a question about fights, like now im using Daredevil. He has those cards were you guess what number of credit is on the next card in your deck and u get the card if you guess correctly.
If i lets say wanna attack Kingpin this round and he is at 13 fight. I start laying down the cards to attack, and it only adds up to 10 in fight, however i might get extra IF those numbers im guessing on are correct. BUT if its not, what happens then? Do i loose all of those cards and Kingpin won, so it becomes like a gamble?
Lil confused about that part.

Essentially yes that's correct BUT you don't have to decide that you are fighting kingpin until after you've played the cards. You never lay down the cards to fight someone; you play cards and gain the attack points from them.

When you play cards the attack points get totalled up and put into an "attack pool". When this number is enough for you to attack a villain in the city or the mastermind you can spend those points to fight that villain. If you play all the cards in your hand and you don't have enough total points to fight anyone then unfortunately you can't fight anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffon Gaming
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zolamnus wrote:
...Black cats Pickpocket card. That seemed a little bit too powerful the way i used it. I was going to fight Hammerhead and the revealed card had 4 star and 2 fight so it gave my pickpocket card 6 fight? is that the way you use it?
/Zol.

That would be the way you use it but I can't recollect a card that has a written number for both the Attack and Recruit values on the same card. Numerous ones have 0+ which would end up with a value but with Pick Pocket you wouldn't calculate what the additional values would be. So for instance, if it was Thor's card that gives 2 Recruit and 0+ Attack with the + being defined as if you had 8 or more Recruit Points it would give an additional 3 Attack regardless of the amount of Recruit points in your pool Pick Pocket would only provide an additional 2 Attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.