Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to play my first complete game of Sekigahara, thanks to a new local contact made here at BGG! I got the First Edition when it came out in 2011, and just got the larger box and the minor Second Edition changes. I played this great game halfway through once when I bought it, loved the design, and then never got back to it, simply due to the many games I've picked up and played since then!

As usual, if I make up a new Player Aid or informational analysis, I share it here in the Files section below. In this case, you can find it as Sekigahara: Blocks and Cards By Clan, which includes Starting Blocks and Bonus Location Control for each faction.

I'm no card counter, and I don't like to spoil any information that would make a new game more fun to encounter. But I think you should start playing with the basic information a general on campaign in the period would have. For example, there is no point leaving a group of blocks inactive on its clan reinforcement location waiting for some more blocks if none or few will be forthcoming! Which clans are large, medium, or small? Which faction has what basic advantage at start and overall?

The game is now set up on the table, with plastic "stones" marking locations in three dimensions where each player will soon place their randomly drawn blocks. I'll be playing Black, as my new acquaintance has more experience...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.