Subject: New Edition ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmed Alabbasi
Bahrain
Springfield Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
I was suppose to write Arabic Words, but BGG don't sport that, so you have to live up with this..
badge
Before you head to the desert, make sure you have your own falcon....
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, just wondering if any of you know any news about this game being printed again as it's almost out of print at the time being as far as I know??

Any feedback will be helpful.

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shepherd-Jones
United Kingdom
Walton on Thames
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re: New Edition
Last thing I read/saw was that Rio Grande removed the game from their website!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Taylor
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Re: New Edition
AQ_5 wrote:
Hey all, just wondering if any of you know any news about this game being printed again as it's almost out of print at the time being as far as I know??

OP, please consider adding a question mark to the title of this thread (New Edition). Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Alabbasi
Bahrain
Springfield Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
I was suppose to write Arabic Words, but BGG don't sport that, so you have to live up with this..
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoogChoo wrote:

That is not a good news cry

Most of the copies available are way overpriced !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Alabbasi
Bahrain
Springfield Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdt325 wrote:
AQ_5 wrote:

OP, please consider adding a question mark to the title of this thread (New Edition). Thanks.

Thanks Mike thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
AQ_5 wrote:
BoogChoo wrote:

That is not a good news cry

Most of the copies available are way overpriced !!!

It might be worth asking Rio Grande. I guess they probably won't tell you they have any plans to reprint it, as they would probably want to make a public announcement if they had definite plans. But they could at least tell you if they still have the rights to it. If they do, then they'll probably be willing to reprint it if they think there's enough demand.

And people expressing interest in the game is exactly the sort of thing that might make them think there is enough demand!

In the meantime, Samurai: The Card Game is similar and was being sold cheaply by at least one chain in the UK recently...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In july I asked Hans im Glück about a reprint, and that was their answer:

"we are sorry, but Samurai is since many years out of program, and the rights of the game are back at the author Reiner Knizia. So we can’t say, whether a reprint is planned in the next time."

You can buy the finnish edition at www.lautapelit.fi for 29.90Eur. It seems it's on sale annually for 21.90 at the end of summer (at least the last 2 years ->"Reprint?" Geeklist) . I bought it this year for that price. Don't know about international shipping, i have a friend living there who bought it for me. I suggest you should check that one out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Alabbasi
Bahrain
Springfield Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NagyDagy wrote:
In july I asked Hans im Glück about a reprint, and that was their answer:

"we are sorry, but Samurai is since many years out of program, and the rights of the game are back at the author Reiner Knizia. So we can’t say, whether a reprint is planned in the next time."

You can buy the finnish edition at www.lautapelit.fi for 29.90Eur. It seems it's on sale annually for 21.90 at the end of summer (at least the last 2 years ->"Reprint?" Geeklist) . I bought it this year for that price. Don't know about international shipping, i have a friend living there who bought it for me. I suggest you should check that one out!

Yeah, it seems like it. I guess that is my best choice in comparison to the crazy prices you would find in ebay.

It would be amazing if there is a Geeklist for those games that are out of print so you would know which games you better look our for and which you don't need to worry about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
AQ_5 wrote:
It would be amazing if there is a Geeklist for those games that are out of print so you would know which games you better look our for and which you don't need to worry about.

Apologies for the topic sidetrack, but assuming you mean "games that are just out of print, so we still have a chance to buy it" there are practical reasons that is hard to do.

Essentially, games are printed once, and immediately go "out of print" because that single production run is done. What we care about is whether another print run is scheduled, and a publisher makes that decision strongly based on how quickly the first print run sells out. By the time the community knows that a publisher definitely won't reprint, the game can already be hard to find. So such a Geeklist wouldn't in practice be very useful, or quite possibly even accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.