Nathanael Green
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Paul Klee, "Tod und Feuer" (1940)
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game rules for bounce flags state that, "A bounce flag rolled against a cavalry unit by an infantry unit in square may not be ignored for any reason."

However, the rules for Iron Will Counters state that, "When one or more flags are rolled against a Prussian unit, that otherwise can’t be ignored, the Prussian player may spend an Iron Will counter. Each counter spent will allow one flag to be ignored."

So which wins? I assume "any reason" includes Iron Will Counters, but the wording with "otherwise" makes me question it for a moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
The bouncing flag cancels ALL rules, which may ignore a flag.

Quote:
may not be ignored for any reason."

Any reason is any reason!

- Supporting Units
- Attached Leaders
- Unit own skills
- All other special rules we have or we get in future, as "Iron Will" for example
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to agree that Iron Will counters can't be spent to override Bounce Flags. ("…can't be ignored for any reason" trumps "…that can't otherwise be ignored..." in my opinion.) But I also think that the wording is ambiguous enough to warrant clarification from the author.

Update: I see that "Iron Will" is a staple of the Bavarian ethnic make-up, too. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Bavarian ethnic make-up, too

The rule is general clear for me
but i will take over my answer to the ccnapo.net FAQ asap (i got more rights there now ) then it´s equated as the authors answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.