Subject: A few sermon questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleansing fire. Hellfire marker do 1 hit with with 2d6 damage. This means that it hits always and does 2d6 damage but the monster do get their defence?

Shockwave. Every enemy within 2 space automatically takes 1 hit. What does the automatically mean compare to the above cleansing fire? How much damage does one hit do? If just one damage it wont do much on anything with defence.

Some sermon have range. I don't think you need line of sight for them but not sure. Any tips on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baelrath wrote:
Cleansing fire. Hellfire marker do 1 hit with with 2d6 damage. This means that it hits always and does 2d6 damage but the monster do get their defence?

Yes, you would roll 2D6 damage on each monster and apply their Defense. You always apply an enemy's Defense value unless otherwise stated. For instance, the Judgment "Smite" does D6 damage that ignores the monster's Defense.

Baelrath wrote:
Shockwave. Every enemy within 2 space automatically takes 1 hit. What does the automatically mean compare to the above cleansing fire? How much damage does one hit do? If just one damage it wont do much on anything with defence.

Unless otherwise stated, a successful hit by a hero (Sermon, Combat, or Range) does D6 damage with the possibility of some or all of it being blocked by a monster's Defense. In this case you would roll D6 damage individually for each affected enemy and apply their Defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baelrath wrote:
Some sermon have range. I don't think you need line of sight for them but not sure. Any tips on that?

The rules say ranged attacks require line of sight. Sermons are not "attacks", even when they can do damage. So, technically the LoS rules don't apply. Off hand, I can't remember if this was addressed in the Adventure Book, which has a page on the Preacher.

However, I think the tactics of the game are more interesting if LoS is required for any ranged effect. So I'm playing that Sermons DO need it, even though this is not the literal rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I figured a hit would be 1d6 but its good to have it confirmed.

For cleansing fire I knew defence applied should not have put a question mark. It was more as a reference to know what a hit does and what automatically is doing in that sentence of shockwave.

The word automatically in the shockwave sermon is redundant then I guess.

In the time to thank for the reply I got an answer for my LOS question. So thank for both replies.

Not sure how if I will implement LOS for sermons or not. Kinda feels like need to see them, seems hard to me to invoke something on a creature that is two maps away behind two corners :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have required line of sight for all sermons and our Preacher has still racked up crazy XP. I don't think that limitation is unreasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad the Preacher has the potential to do well. My Preacher has had crazy bad luck and was KO'ed twice in one Mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing something, I don't seem to have any hellfire markers. Did you guys get any with your set, or just use something else to represent (grit for example looks pretty good for hellfire)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kell zilla
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no hellfire markers. I use the extra faith tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.