Dr Who
msg tools
mb
This woman did not attend 1 public debate, has refused to meet with anyone except the right winger teabaggers, and nobody is clear on what her position or qualifications are.

So, what does the US Citizen get? A right wing, un-educated, hidden elected candidate.

These mid-terms are going to kill the right in 2 years.

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Campaign-to-recall-Diane-Dougla...

"I believe that she's unqualified to lead the state schools because the way she ran her campaign was behind closed doors. She refused to talk to media, she ran on one issue which was to repeal common core," said Espinoza.

In fact 3TV has tried repeatedly to speak with the Superintendent-elect to discuss her plans once she takes office.

Our own Political Editor Dennis Welch went to her home Tuesday morning but no one came to the door.

On Election night Douglas defended her platform to repeal the new school standards referred to as common core, Here's what she had to say:

"I have said it time and time again on the campaign trail, this is about Arizona control for education," she said. "They are not higher standards; nothing about them has been proven."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the people of Arizona voted for her then that should stand for at least a year.

She shoudl be given a change to prove she cannot do the job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see this year's elections as the real world playing out The Simpsons episode where Homer was elected sanitation commissioner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A candidate runs on one issue, keeps herself insulated from any criticism, and gets elected anyhow? Yeah, that's a condemnation of the voting public to not get more from their candidates. But if the single issue of Common Core repealing was enough to get her elected, so be it.

An effort to recall? Really? On what grounds... that the result wasn't the one some people wanted? So I think your thread title is WAY off base. Single-issue candidates or undemanding voters are nothing new. What -is- new is a recall less than two weeks after an election for no reason except WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Maybe it should read "Sore losers have faith in the democratic process? Not likely at all."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
GameCrossing wrote:
A candidate runs on one issue, keeps herself insulated from any criticism, and gets elected anyhow? Yeah, that's a condemnation of the voting public to not get more from their candidates. But if the single issue of Common Core repealing was enough to get her elected, so be it.

An effort to recall? Really? On what grounds... that the result wasn't the one some people wanted? So I think your thread title is WAY off base. Single-issue candidates or undemanding voters are nothing new. What -is- new is a recall less than two weeks after an election for no reason except WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Maybe it should read "Sore losers have faith in the democratic process? Not likely at all."

the reason this is getting any play, was cause of the Recall Effort, yes, underway well before she takes office

I say let her sit there, and let them wreck it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This kind of devoted partisanship isn't limited to the republican party...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

the reason this is getting any play, was cause of the Recall Effort, yes, underway well before she takes office

I say let her sit there, and let them wreck it again.

So the recall is why this is getting any play, but your focus is on why she shouldn't have gotten elected? Your integrity is immeasurable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

It sure does seem like a boardgame scenario where want to take your turn back and do it again because you didn't pay attention to what your opponent did on their turn and you realize you screwed up too late,.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
GameCrossing wrote:

So the recall is why this is getting any play, but your focus is on why she shouldn't have gotten elected? Your integrity is immeasurable.
\

sorry the multitasking was too much for ya

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You really are the D run through the transporters from Mirror, Mirror. Heaven help us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:
You really are the D run through the transporters from Mirror, Mirror. Heaven help us.

Harmony preserve us from the mirror version of Shreveport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
perfalbion wrote:

Don't even talk about he-who-shall-not-be-named!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, let me get this straight...this woman just won the election, and already the opposition is calling for a recall, before she's even had a day in office? That may be one of the most fucking stupid things I've heard of in politics, and politics is chock full of fucking stupidity. Hell, why don't we just start recall drives every time a politician from the other side gets elected, I mean, why wait for them to actually DO SOMETHING that might actually deserve consideration for a recall? Where do you draw the line? What an incredible waste of time and energy... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
perfalbion wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
perfalbion wrote:

Don't even talk about he-who-shall-not-be-named!

Silly. That's Gary's moniker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
desertfox2004 wrote:
So, let me get this straight...this woman just won the election, and already the opposition is calling for a recall, before she's even had a day in office? That may be one of the most fucking stupid things I've heard of in politics, and politics is chock full of fucking stupidity. Hell, why don't we just start recall drives every time a politician from the other side gets elected, I mean, why wait for them to actually DO SOMETHING that might actually deserve consideration for a recall? Where do you draw the line? What an incredible waste of time and energy... shake

It's stupid, but really, I sort of doubt it's going anywhere when the major stories about it have exclamations about how their Facebook page is up to 5,000 likes!!! Ummm, good, and? The Facebook page was started by a disgruntled teacher.

Also, Arizona, so logic need not apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
desertfox2004 wrote:

happens all the time in many districts across the USA

in some cases, entire states, mainly Conservative states, want to secceed entirely from the nation, like TX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:
happens a the time in my districts across the USA

Looking around the Interwebs, there were a record 150 recall elections in 2011. Almost exactly 2/3 of them were for municipal positions (99).

This is a crock. And it's certainly a really bad idea to launch a recall drive before the individual even takes office. When you do that, you shift the focus from good government to partisan politics completely. And that's not going to get us anywhere.

Quote:
in some cases, entire states, mainly Conservative states, want to secceed entirely from the nation, like TX

Please demonstrate that this is true. Name one state with a majority that is in favor of secession. Name one state where the percentage of people that support secession exceed the percentage of people that don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:

How many districts do you belong to? Wait. You're the one that keeps voting multiple times and giving everyone apopletic fits about voter fraud. Hey guys I found him. Everyone can relax now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
perfalbion wrote:
DrWhoWho wrote:

Looking around the Interwebs, there were a record 150 recall elections in 2011. Almost exactly 2/3 of them were for municipal positions (99).

This is a crock. And it's certainly a really bad idea to launch a recall drive before the individual even takes office. When you do that, you shift the focus from good government to partisan politics completely. And that's not going to get us anywhere.

Quote:

Please demonstrate that this is true. Name one state with a majority that is in favor of secession. Name one state where the percentage of people that support secession exceed the percentage of people that don't.

Like the recall...most won't care or be against it. Like succession...sorry I didn't make my connection clear. Both are silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hate to go spelling pedant, but I think it's impressive that secede/secession could get spelled wildly wrong in two wildly different ways. I may have to award style points for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:
Like the recall...most won't care or be against it. Like succession...sorry I didn't make my connection clear. Both are silly.

Wait - you oppose the recall in the article that you cited in the OP? If so, you do a bad job of saying so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.