Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alien disease with serum haunt (unsure of number) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
My friends and I played this haunt and were confused about the hidden traitor element. There's one hidden traitor and going in the same room as someone causes you to trade tokens with them. If you get their token with the number 1 on it, you also become a traitor. The goal of the traitor is to infect everyone else. Since the idea behind this haunt is that the traitors remain hidden, how would anyone know if everyone has been infected?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Evans
United States
Rossville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand the haunt, a traitor isn't revealed until they have been killed. Every turn all the players take an attack equal to the timer, so eventually characters will die. If they have been a traitor, they become aliens, and thus, start attacking other players, pushing them closer to death, and revealing more and more of the aliens or just dead players. The way the trading rules work, you will eventually trade with every other player unless you avoid them. Effectively, you don't know until they die. So the haunt just has a deeper sense of paranoia to it from the way it is set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.