NHL Power Play Team-Building Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Power Play card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Chénard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm a bit confused with the rules on the card vs in the rule book using the Power Play card.

On the card it is written that During a Shot on Goal, each foe with two or more Penalty cards in his discard pile, discards a Defender he played this turn.

My understanding is if a player played a Defender to help the goaltender will remove this defender if he has 2 penalty cards or more in his discard, otherwise the Defender stay there.

In the Rulebook : If an opponent discards a Defender he played against your Shot on Goal, then means the extra coast that Defender added to Goalie is dropped.

My understanding.. no need 2 or more Penalty card in the discard pile and the Defender is automatically dropped..

Which rules is best here.. I'm a bit confused.

Thanks

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the conflict that you're seeing? When you play "Power Play" on a Shot on Goal, then anyone with two or more penalty cards in his discard pile who played a Defender has to discard it, and it doesn't provide its bonus to the goalie.

Edit: From looking at your other question, the source of your confusion seems to be that you are treating the card entry in the rulebook as if it's the full description of the cards; it's actually a clarification to be read in addition to the text that appears on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chénard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok.. I understand now... well I may have some translations confusion when I read the rulebook, furthermore the French version section (in the rulebook) is not well translated. My confusion was : in the rulebook, it wasn't mention of the number of penalty cards needed in the discard pile. And as you said, it is a complement of the card itself.

Thank you a lot for your quick and reliable answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're very welcome! It's a shame they didn't do a better job with the French translation, the French Canadian market for this game is probably quite significant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.