Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Forever Evil» Forums » General

Subject: excited? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What super villain is everyone most excited to play as?


I like black atom the most! Sick card art.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think thematically I'm most interested in Sinestro, but I'm not terribly thrilled by his power sadly. Second prize may got to Black Adam, like you, mrlebarican. (I wish they'd included Prof. Zoom! I can imagine some interesting power possibilities with him.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe just favoritism but Harley's hammer needs to knock some heads.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sinestro is good man, gain vp and draw, you just need attacks. And I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of attacks in this set.

Harley is good too, on her turn she can discard a card and draw a card the first chance she gets.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Chavez
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
What super villain is everyone most excited to play as?


I like black atom the most! Sick card art.

If Black Adam is half as fun (and powerful) as SHAZAM! then it will be a pregame ritual to argue over who does or doesn't get to play him in my family.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just play on patrol. It's better against shazam.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Sadler

Missouri
msg tools
Any predictions for the other 3 villians?
I'd like to get:
Soloman Grundy
Cheetah
and Lobo

Has the full list been announced yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following has been revealed:

Main set:
Black Adam
Black Manta
Sinestro
Harley Quinn
Lex Luthor

Promo:
Bane

So we're only short the last 2 characters. I'm going on a limb and I'll say Cheetah (WW counterpart) and possibly Nekron? (only say because of his prominence on the box). But I won't rule out Bizarro or Deathstroke
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
Just play on patrol. It's better against shazam.


I don't know how you are playing On Patrol but you only get attacked when you add cards to the line-up during your turn. Shazam gains cards directly from the main deck and thus does not make the player be attacked by the card he is gaining. Sure, other players may be able to get a card out on their turnthat may be beneficial to them but I don't see it hurting or neutralizing Shazam.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Giving a chance to replenish the line up,with a lot of power, unlimited amounts of times helps. You get more vp and more likely to get cards you need for your hero.

Say you have 30 power, no more kick stack, just line up and boss.

Shazam can go off the top, buy the boss, and leave crappy cards in the line up for the other player

Now with on patrol, any other hero 30 power can, buy the boss, buy a card in the line up, then say on patrol, to replace the unfilled spot.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Bui
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
The following has been revealed:

Main set:
Black Adam
Black Manta
Sinestro
Harley Quinn
Lex Luthor

Promo:
Bane

So we're only short the last 2 characters. I'm going on a limb and I'll say Cheetah (WW counterpart) and possibly Nekron? (only say because of his prominence on the box). But I won't rule out Bizarro or Deathstroke


I have a question about the Bane promo card available in forever evil pack. How would I get it? Does anyone know?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryon Hake
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vbui0803 wrote:
Stryyder wrote:
The following has been revealed:

Main set:
Black Adam
Black Manta
Sinestro
Harley Quinn
Lex Luthor

Promo:
Bane

So we're only short the last 2 characters. I'm going on a limb and I'll say Cheetah (WW counterpart) and possibly Nekron? (only say because of his prominence on the box). But I won't rule out Bizarro or Deathstroke


I have a question about the Bane promo card available in forever evil pack. How would I get it? Does anyone know?
Buy the first print run of the game. A Bane card is included in every one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Stryyder wrote:
The following has been revealed:

Main set:
Black Adam
Black Manta
Sinestro
Harley Quinn
Lex Luthor

Promo:
Bane

So we're only short the last 2 characters. I'm going on a limb and I'll say Cheetah (WW counterpart) and possibly Nekron? (only say because of his prominence on the box). But I won't rule out Bizarro or Deathstroke


Since it is based off of the Forever Evil storyline; Catwoman, Bizzaro, Deathstroke and Captain Cold were the other members of the team that haven't been announced. I think it will be Captain Cold and Catwoman. Bane is the promo because in the story he dressed up as Batman to win the war for Gotham over the other villains while the JLA was defeated and missing.

With modifications to the base rules, this could be one of the most interesting super-villains versus superhero games ever made. I'm excited about the potential. I have preordered mine and waiting anxiously for it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
freedfromthematrix2 wrote:
Stryyder wrote:
The following has been revealed:

Main set:
Black Adam
Black Manta
Sinestro
Harley Quinn
Lex Luthor

Promo:
Bane

So we're only short the last 2 characters. I'm going on a limb and I'll say Cheetah (WW counterpart) and possibly Nekron? (only say because of his prominence on the box). But I won't rule out Bizarro or Deathstroke


Since it is based off of the Forever Evil storyline; Catwoman, Bizzaro, Deathstroke and Captain Cold were the other members of the team that haven't been announced. I think it will be Captain Cold and Catwoman. Bane is the promo because in the story he dressed up as Batman to win the war for Gotham over the other villains while the JLA was defeated and missing.

With modifications to the base rules, this could be one of the most interesting super-villains versus superhero games ever made. I'm excited about the potential. I have preordered mine and waiting anxiously for it.


What modifications do you play with?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mrlebarican wrote:
freedfromthematrix2 wrote:
Stryyder wrote:
The following has been revealed:

Main set:
Black Adam
Black Manta
Sinestro
Harley Quinn
Lex Luthor

Promo:
Bane

So we're only short the last 2 characters. I'm going on a limb and I'll say Cheetah (WW counterpart) and possibly Nekron? (only say because of his prominence on the box). But I won't rule out Bizarro or Deathstroke


Since it is based off of the Forever Evil storyline; Catwoman, Bizzaro, Deathstroke and Captain Cold were the other members of the team that haven't been announced. I think it will be Captain Cold and Catwoman. Bane is the promo because in the story he dressed up as Batman to win the war for Gotham over the other villains while the JLA was defeated and missing.

With modifications to the base rules, this could be one of the most interesting super-villains versus superhero games ever made. I'm excited about the potential. I have preordered mine and waiting anxiously for it.


What modifications do you play with?


The modifications I play with now probably won't be the same when this set comes out. Here are some of the rules I enjoy:

1) Combined all three sets (base, heroes United and crisis)
2) 2 Superheroes (or characters) per players. Only one character's power can be used per turn.
3) For randomness, inserted in the deck are 6 vulnerability cards that trigger the villain's attack or the super villain's first appearance attack or both.
4) 2 Super Villains (mini bosses) that cost 9 or less are inserted into the deck. When placed in the line-up the first appearance attack happens.
5) Villain's attacks are triggered against all player when they enter the line-up.
6) Players can coop attack by lending 1 card of their choice with an attack value to the attacking player. That card is used like Granny Goodness, Martian Manhunter or Clayface. It's returned to the player at the conclusion of the attack. (This rule is used when playing with my 10 year old)

These are all the modifications I can think of at the moment. What modifications do you play with?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mine are

1. Mix all three decks,
2. Use two super heroes, could proc both at all times.
3. Play with 26 super villains(heroes unite,Felix Faust, and impossible mode bosses without the crisis anti monitor, and the original anti monitor added in)
4. Randomly pick which one of the two starting bosses go on top of the super villain deck first.
5. Sometimes "on patrol"

Love this game played two games today before work, one vs one against my 49 year old father(who actually is really good, been playing since original)
And another with my pops and 25 year old brother.

This game is going to get played so much more when forever evil comes out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group plays the 2 deck format, rather than mixing decks, to keep the combos easier to find.

One deck Base set (with crisis opt)
One deck HU

* 2 separate line-ups one on top of the other.
* You can only buy/gain/do anything to ONE line-up during your turn
* When a card is bought/gained from the line-up, destroy the adjacent card in the other line-up. (keeps line-ups from getting stale, gives players more choices)

As for Supervillains, we mix them all together and choose how many we'll use depending on how long we want to play.
Science Cell and Saint Walker removed for balance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That sounds pretty fun.

But I'm not a fan of taking cards that were made out of the deck.
Science cell and saint walker stay for me.

And you say two different line ups,
One line up is the original,
The other is THE HU set?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, something looking like this:

[] [] [] [] [] [HU deck]
[] [] [] [] [] [Base deck]


So say I bought the center card of the bottom(base set) line-up, the center card of the top(HU) line-up would be immediately destroyed. Then at the end of the turn, refill both line-ups normally.

This lets you go through both decks, so you don't have to wait through a 400 card deck to get that second manhunter or suicide squad. Or if you are Batman, but all of the good batman equips from base set get stuck at the bottom of the huge main deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.