Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have the ArtsCow version of the game, and have been considering finding a way to print out the "Missing" cards from the set. Since a bunch of my local friends also have the ArtsCow version, what I planned to do is use all the empty spaces in the 54 card deck to make duplicates to provide to those friends who are also missing those cards.

I have a couple options in front of me, and I'm curious for anyone's feedback on the best way to go about it...

-PrinterStudio is a good choice in terms of cost and card quality, but I'm concerned that using a different printer will result in a significant enough color difference that the cards will end up marked. I use clear, premium Mayday sleeves and have no desire to re-sleeve with opaques...those card backs are too pretty.

-I've also considered doing it as an ArtsCow project of my own. The cards will match better, but I lose the opportunity to make custom-backed cards for the Doctor/Master. Not to mention the expense...I'd have to buy 3 packs to get free shipping and would end up with LOTS of duplicates.

So, has anyone had a chance to compare the card backs to see how they look? Also, if I choose PrinterStudio, what size should I select to stay consistent with my ArtsCow cards?

Any help from the community is appreciated. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's been a few years, but I just realized this was an issue. What cards are missing? Did you ever build an artscow file?

Edit: I had time to do the research and build the Artscow deck with the six missing cards x3, some alternate art Daleks, and a few sets of Capaldi/Missy. If you're still needing those, I am happy to share.

Edit Edit: to save others a search like mine, here are the cards missing from the Artscow files: Rutan, Vorg's miniscope, Smilers [alternate art], Magellanic Clouds, Professor Litefoot, "Elementary, my dear..."

They are found among the expansions in Joe's files The Twelve Doctors - All Files Released!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doctor poo wrote:

Edit: I had time to do the research and build the Artscow deck with the six missing cards x3, some alternate art Daleks, and a few sets of Capaldi/Missy. If you're still needing those, I am happy to share.

Do you have this "addendum' deck pre-loaded on ArtsCow perchance?
I've had good luck ordering premade template decks before,
but I'm not keen on trying to rebuild something from the raw files....

(and I'd -really- like to add Missy into my games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn’t save an artscow deck, but they are super easy to build. I probly still have some extra cards if you’d like me to mail you that missy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you still have an extra Missy, I'd surely appreciate having one~

Not so easy to build for me:
I can't seem to get the WebSite to acknowledge that I have "silverlight" installed,
so modifying the cards is seemingly impossible...

Aggravating, because my Set finally came in from ArtsCow, and a full 85 cards are mis-cut. I may need to reorder 3 of the decks.
If I could modify the decks with silverlight, I could get away with only reordering 2.

Heck, that's frustrating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Elk wrote:
If you still have an extra Missy, I'd surely appreciate having one~

Not so easy to build for me:
I can't seem to get the WebSite to acknowledge that I have "silverlight" installed,
so modifying the cards is seemingly impossible...

Aggravating, because my Set finally came in from ArtsCow, and a full 85 cards are mis-cut. I may need to reorder 3 of the decks.
If I could modify the decks with silverlight, I could get away with only reordering 2.

Heck, that's frustrating!

Sorry to here about the miscut cards.
On a happier note your Missy card just hit USPS like a time traveling alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.