Greg Burbidge
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When everyone was clambering to pre-order this, I also pre-ordered it from FRP games. Someone on the site here had recommended it at the time as the only place still taking pre-orders. Over the past 6 months I have received a couple unprompted notices indicating that it was still on backorder. Today it started showing up in other retailers, so I emailed FRP to see if they had stock yet.

I got this reply:
Hello,
We would be able to get it. But we have issues with the item tho. The one you ordered looks to be the non expansion one. The expansion is 31.98. You can pay the difference for the Expansion. Please let me know! Thank you!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!
Kevin-Customer Service Rep

Looks like they are not honoring the initial orders, because I am pretty sure there is no "non expansion" version of this game. I called the store, but nobody answered. Has anyone ever had a positive experience with the store? I think I just got internet scammed. Boo.

gb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered from them at the very low initial price and received the same messages you received. I never expected they would honor the order when the expansion was removed from their online inventory.

Not sure I would call this a scam, I mean, I don't think I was charged for the order. They haven't replied yet to the email I sent today, which I sent just to confirm I need to order the expansion from another store (at a more realistic price).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burbidge
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was charged first time around. Miniature market is honoring the same price for those that ordered at that time. Not impressed at all with the service. Stink eye from me to them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avoid this store in the future.

There are stores that make orders to distributors and lock in certain amount of stock for certain amount of money. They will get that stock for the locked in price, making the distributor honor the deal because they announced the availablility. They will always honor your deal.

But then there are stores that see that others have set an item up and so they do it as well. Except they don't lock any stock with a distribution. Which means that they act like a middle-man store and essentially you are paying them for the effort to order an item. Never preorder in stores like that.

Of course you don't know when a store is one or the other. But experiences like this tell you some signals to watch out for and of course avoid that particular store entirely in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had this kind of experience with Amazon.

An email saying a product that I ordered in advance at a low price couldn't be supplied.
Order cancelled by Amazon.
Soon after, the same product is for sale by Amazon at a higher price.
I can now choose to place a new order at this new price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burbidge
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got two more emails from them indicating that ZMG00006 Voyage of the Beagle was not the same games as the Voyage of the Beagle expansion. Ridiculous. Asked for a refund. CSI wins my money again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legally if they charged you they're obligated to deliver. State laws usually cover it. Not much you can do about it, but a complaint to the BBB is easy and free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw this thread.
Same story with me. I pre-paid and pre-ordered back last spring and got a couple emails along the way about not being available. Saw it on CSI so I emailed. I was told to pay extra and they would see if they could get it. I just responded that this seemed like a scam since I had paid many months ago in good faith and I wanted an immediate refund. Kevin just simply replied back that he would refund the payment and did. But he never addressed any of my comments. I immediately ordered it at CSI and it's coming Tuesday. So I guess it's a happy ending, but I'll never order from them again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.