1 Posts

Under the Shadow of the Dragon» Forums » General

Subject: Dragon victory? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at the rulebook posted online and it lists 3 possible victory conditions for when you play this at the stand alone 2 player game. There is "Epic Victory" when one of the players kills the dragon. There is "Minor Victory" where the dragon kills one player and the other survives and does not try for an "Epic Victory" within 4 rounds of the first player being killed (that does not sound like a very satisfying win and why would a player attempt an "Epic Adventure" at that point and risk losing when he just has to ride out the clock to win?") and finally there is "Dragon Victory" which I assume means both heroes were killed and the "game" won.

If that is the case and the game can actually beat you is there any good reason why this could not be played solo as is with just 1 hero? Is it difficult enough to kill the dragon that you would not even need a timer for solitaire play? If you kill the dragon you win and if you die you lose?? Any problem with that? Would the lack of a 2nd player to compete with resources over make the game be too easy or conversely would it be too hard as less tiles would be drawn without the second player? Has anyone tried this and/or have any thoughts?

Finally, I saw there was an old variant posted on here by Lippo which used the timer track for the solo game of Return of the Heroes with only a few modifications and I wonder if anyone ever tried that?

Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.