John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All:

Working on a pair of silvan decks right now and am wondering what you think works best in two dual-sphere decks. Right now I've got Celeborn, Legolas, Beregond in one deck, Galadriel, Haldir, Mirlonde in the other. With all the Silvan cards we have out right now, what do you find to be the best mix of heroes in two decks? Or are there really enough Silvan cards for two decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poage
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working with a friend to build two Silvan decks and the best pairing that we have found thus far is:

Leadership/Lore Secrecy Deck: Celeborn and Haldir
Spirit/Tactics Support Deck: Legolas, Galadriel and Glorfindel (FoS)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Elrond in Silvan decks as well, since he can pay for an ally of any sphere and increases the healing Daughter of the Nimrodel, Silvan Tracker and other non-silvan healing cards

my partner runs Elrond, Celeborn, and Mirlonde

i also have a tactics/lore deck with Haldir, Legolas, and another ranged hero (it switches between Faramir, Brand, and Bard) that deck focuses almost entirely on ranged characters and a big combo with Pursuing the Enemy, Rain of Arrows, and Rumil for lots of direct damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For solo I put together Celeborn, Galadriel, Mirlonde that I have been pretty happy with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeornUrsus wrote:
I've been working with a friend to build two Silvan decks and the best pairing that we have found thus far is:

Leadership/Lore Secrecy Deck: Celeborn and Haldir
Spirit/Tactics Support Deck: Legolas, Galadriel and Glorfindel (FoS)

Kind of the same here, we played those with a friend:

Celeborn / Haldir / Mirlonde
Legolas / Galadriel / Glorfindel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simmons
msg tools
mbmbmb
Could some of you post your Silvan deck lists? I haven't built a Silvan deck yet, so I am not sure what the focus is or what the staple cards are. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buz
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't care about theme, Eomer, Imrahil, and Grima are some great heroes for your deck--the first two since allies will reliably be leaving play and Grima since most Silvan decks I've seen run tri-sphere and he can really help with resource fixing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using Haldir/Legolas/Elladan and Celeborn/Glorfindel/Elrohir

Ideally you need weapons on Haldir early, and if threat stays low, you can pick things off in the area. Otherwise, the Leadership Spirit Deck does most of the blocking, and Legolas and Haldir can kill with ranged attacks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Prince Imrahil would be a natural fit for a game with lots of Silvans leaving play. If I were playing a deck and wanted a 2nd leadership hero to go with Celeborn I would choose him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of your suggestions, folks. Had a blast playing with our original lineups, then swapped out Mirlonde for Elrond later to help put more cards into play in the Leadership/Lore deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Forster
United States
Oregon City
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I built a Elrond/Celeborn/Galadriel deck matched with a Legolas/Mirlonde/Haldir deck.
The first deck does has a lot of questing, action advantage and good defense. The second deck has decent questing and a ton of ranged attack. My buddy and I played through Celiebrimbor's Secret and destroyed it. My ranged deck never engaged an enemy and Haldir could pop an enemy before he attacked every turn and Legolas and crew could clean up the rest. Our threat never got above mid 30's.
These decks struggled a little in the Nin-in-Eilph, but we had an epic ending with Haldir destroying the Ancient Marsh Dweller before it even attacked once.
Non conventional, but highly entertaining decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.