Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Weinstein
United States
Sausalito
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
Played my first game tonight and one question came up that we could not find in the rulebook. If I have to plant multiple beans after step 3 and i have 2 fields already planted can I harvest only one field multiple times to preserve the other field? Ex.
Bean Field A= Stink Beans Bean Field B= Garden Beans

Chili bean and Red bean ready to be planted.
I harvest Field 'A' put down the Chili Bean and then harvest 'A' again and put down the Red Bean and thus preserving Field 'B'.

OR do you have to plant both bean in separate fields?

Hope I was clear enough, Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot harvest a field with a single bean if the other field has two or more beans. If you need to plant two single beans, you will need to harvest both fields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not. Not because of any rule about harvesting one bean field twice, it is because you can't harvest a 1-bean field unless all your fields are 1-bean fields.

So if you had just one garden bean, then you can do what you want, but if you have multiple, you will have to harvest your garden beans before you can harvest your newly planted single chili bean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can harvest fields whenever you want, at any moment. You don't need to have any beans ready to plant there.
But, as the people above correctly mention: watch the rule about 1 bean on a field!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Weinstein
United States
Sausalito
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha thanks guys, can't believe we missed that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Probably not. Not because of any rule about harvesting one bean field twice, it is because you can't harvest a 1-bean field unless all your fields are 1-bean fields.

So if you had just one garden bean, then you can do what you want, but if you have multiple, you will have to harvest your garden beans before you can harvest your newly planted single chili bean.
The exact wording of the german rules is that you may not harvest a single bean field unless all of your fields have no more than one bean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.