Fief: France 1429» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cancelling a Royal Marriage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Pope cancels the Royal Marriage, what happens to the Queen?

I see two cases:

1) The Queen loses her Title immediately.
2) The Queen keeps her Title until the King marries another Lady (who becomes the new Queen), but she cannot give birth to the Heir Prince.

Which is the correct answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well as for the catholic church. They gave annulments (basically saying the marriage never happened) and she would've never been queen.

I am assuming the crown heir would be removed too. However, many, many wars have been fought over weather illegitimate sons could inherit the throne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The queen is queen only because she is the wife (or widow) of the king.

If the marriage is canceled, she looses immediately the queen title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:
I am assuming the crown heir would be removed too. However, many, many wars have been fought over weather illegitimate sons could inherit the throne.

The rulebook (I have this from the preliminary german version published on spiele-offensive.de) states in the FAQ part that once there is a crown heir, the marriage between king and queen cannot be annuled anymore.
Keeps things simple I guess, also makes for a stronger commitment as the player of the king has no way of impending that he will lose the victory point to his ally once the king dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the marriage can't be canceled if a crown heir came from it.
Because it's a proof that the mariage was "consommé" in french (there was a sexual relation, so it's impossible to cancel it anymore).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Note that if the Queen die, the crown heir remains.
Consequently, a new Queen cannot give birth to a new heir if the old one is still alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tontione wrote:
Yes the marriage can't be canceled if a crown heir came from it.
Because it's a proof that the mariage was "consommé" in french (there was a sexual relation, so it's impossible to cancel it anymore).

What if a lord with the "heart breaker" attribute captures the queen/king? Can he cancel the marriage? What will happen to the crown heir?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What if a lord with the "heart breaker" attribute captures the queen/king? Can he cancel the marriage? What will happen to the crown heir?

I would say the marriage is still consumated , the proof is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.