Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a page with the rules for the new locomotives? Likely something I've simply missed, but I cannot find it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:
Is there a page with the rules for the new locomotives? Likely something I've simply missed, but I cannot find it!

Funeral train: at the start of G may pay 1 coal to reset a used contract card

BOYDELL traction etc: if the current rounds weather is Rain you get your pub worker for free this round(!)

Jumbo: put a rubble you have collected on jumbo to get your worker out of the pub for the round. Lose 2 points for each rubble on jumbo at game end. You cannot swap jumbo for another train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! It looks like we guessed right about the traction engine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly sure the answer is no, but just to make sure: is there any way to get rubble off Jumbo? (Too much Disney as a kid - I keep accidentally calling the train Dumbo.) With the inability to get rid of this "train", it feels a bit punishing to purchase and use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
Funeral train: at the start of G may pay 1 coal to reset a used contract card

For clarification, can G contract cards be reset and then immediately reused?

EDIT: Also, I assume contract cards that are required to be discarded in order to be used are not eligible for resurrection via the Funeral train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're just reset - use em when you want to as per first-use :-)

No - you cannot resurrect discarded cards. Nice try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
I'm fairly sure the answer is no, but just to make sure: is there any way to get rubble off Jumbo? (Too much Disney as a kid - I keep accidentally calling the train Dumbo.) With the inability to get rid of this "train", it feels a bit punishing to purchase and use.

No way of losing rubble from him, no.

But think about it...an extr worker without having to collect coal? That's gotta be worth four or five activations ie. pay 8-10 to gain...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense upon reflection. I play solo much more frequently than multiplayer and I don't end up digging a lot in my solo games, and so rarely have rubble to spare. I'm in the stockyard frequently trying to put cubes back in the pot, so coal is relatively easy to get and spend. I think I'll have to try Jumbo out in a multiplayer game to see how his dynamics work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Hendee
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the action icons on 24b. The last person in phase F can pay a coal to discard a contract and take an additional contract? And still not able to take one from the top of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
gamerl3 wrote:
I'm not sure about the action icons on 24b. The last person in phase F can pay a coal to discard a contract and take an additional contract? And still not able to take one from the top of the deck.

In phase F, after all other 'take contract' actions have been resolved, the owner of 24b may pay a coal to discard a contract and replace it with one of the remaining (face up) contracts on display. (For the avoidance of doubt, the effect of the contract you get this way is considered unused, even the contract given up has had its effect used.)

I hope that this clarifies matters, and that you enjoy the expansion.

Sebastian Bleasdale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshihisa Miura
Japan
Kodaira-city
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have a question about train cards of Neuhauser Bockerlbahn.

I don't understand the rule of train No.24(a-d).
The rule said that to hire a Labourer you can pay wood instead coal.
In N.24a train card, it shows "2cubes=1pawn 2cubes move to mill".
What does it mean?
(I call a cube in my supply as "tree", a cube in my mill as "wood".)

First I pay two trees from my supply to stock, then I move other two trees from my supply to my mill. It needs 4 trees in my supply to hire a Labourer. In other words, if you have 4 trees, you should pay two trees but you can get one Labourer and can convert two trees to two woods.

Is it correct?

From English rule (at last paragraph),
>but you may instead use the weight of "the wood" to do this.

"the wood "of this sentence means tree? (cube not in the mill)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
buqbuq wrote:
Hi, I have a question about train cards of Neuhauser Bockerlbahn.

I don't understand the rule of train No.24(a-d).
The rule said that to hire a Labourer you can pay wood instead coal.
In N.24a train card, it shows "2cubes=1pawn 2cubes move to mill".
What does it mean?
(I call a cube in my supply as "tree", a cube in my mill as "wood".)

First I pay two trees from my supply to stock, then I move other two trees from my supply to my mill. It needs 4 trees in my supply to hire a Labourer. In other words, if you have 4 trees, you should pay two trees but you can get one Labourer and can convert two trees to two woods.

Is it correct?

From English rule (at last paragraph),
>but you may instead use the weight of "the wood" to do this.

"the wood "of this sentence means tree? (cube not in the mill)

It's Move 2 trees from your supply on to your lumber mill to get your extra worker; the trees are now Lumber for scoring contract cards (shovels = converted trees).

The Move 2 train gives you more extra worker use for your supply but is slower at trees-->lumber conversion for scoring etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshihisa Miura
Japan
Kodaira-city
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Anthony,

I understand that to hire a Labourer by No.24a train I only have to move 2 trees to mill.

But I have some doubt.

Players take trees from railway route (station cards and track cards) by Action B (excavation), but it also requires Action C to get woods converted from trees. So in total two actions are needed to get woods.

When a player hires a Labourer by No.24 train, he ("has to" but also it means "can") convert trees to woods as free action. I guess it is strong.

Anyway I didn't try it yet. I would like to play this scenario soon.

May I ask you one more question? I understand a coal can run train, but why does the No.24 train run by converting tree to wood?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Trees to lumber is thematic (the original railway used wood to counterbalance transport)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
BOYDELL traction etc: if the current rounds weather is Rain you get your pub worker for free this round(!)

But if the weather is not rainy, can I get the worker paying 1 coal, or I can get it only when it's rainy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
tonyboydell wrote:

But if the weather is not rainy, can I get the worker paying 1 coal, or I can get it only when it's rainy?

You can pay 1 coal as normal (see bottom right bit of the card); the ABILITY overrides that need for a payment if it's raining :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Yesterday we played for the first time the Necropolis Scenario, and wondered about the ability; I didn't look carefully at the card and its lower right corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, how exactly do I include the new trains? Is this correct?

Necropolis = shuffle the Funeral Engine in with the 6 base game trains and select from those 7
(Solitaire = use the Funeral Engine)

Neuhauser Bockerlbahn = shuffle the 4 NB trains in with the 6 base game trains and select from those 10
(Solitaire = use one of the four NB trains)

Base game = shuffle the Boydell Traction and Jumbo trains in with the 6 base game trains and select from those 8
(Solitaire = use one of the 6 base game or one of these 2 trains)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bockerlbahn needs its 4 trains plus extras - see the rule booklet for details. The others can auto-start a game if you want...just top up to 6 with other random trains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to be the most appropriate place to ask -

Lets say I have only train 24d and six pieces of wood. I have a laborer at C and converted three iron into a steel bar. Can I use the remaining conversions & wood to get two workers from the one train?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Zorch wrote:
Lets say I have only train 24d and six pieces of wood. I have a laborer at C and converted three iron into a steel bar. Can I use the remaining conversions & wood to get two workers from the one train?

Train 24d does not change which conversions can be done at C. So I'm afraid the answer is 'no'.

Sebastian Bleasdale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.