Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: M203 Carbine + Grenade Launcher rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The M203 Carbine consists of the gun and the attached grenade launcher.
When I attack with it, is it either or (that's what I assume), or do I have two attacks with one action?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One or the other is my understanding.

Also keep in mind that the M203 is a single-shot weapon, which means you can only fire it once in the player turn.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
One or the other is my understanding.

Also keep in mind that the M203 is a single-shot weapon, which means you can only fire it once in the player turn.


Only the grenade launcher is single shot. The M203 itself is normal
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Kozure wrote:
One or the other is my understanding.

Also keep in mind that the M203 is a single-shot weapon, which means you can only fire it once in the player turn.


Only the grenade launcher is single shot. The M203 itself is normal


Moe, that is what he said, the M203 is the grenade launcher. Its attached to an M4 carbine or M16 rifle which is normal attack rate.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:
Kozure wrote:
One or the other is my understanding.

Also keep in mind that the M203 is a single-shot weapon, which means you can only fire it once in the player turn.


Only the grenade launcher is single shot. The M203 itself is normal


Moe, that is what he said, the M203 is the grenade launcher. Its attached to an M4 carbine or M16 rifle which is normal attack rate.


You can see what a gun nut I am!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to follow up on a goodie...

is the grenade weapon attack Ranged? (that is, is the Ranged on the weapon card applying to BOTH attack types?)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minnie Wimbles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
isthar wrote:
to follow up on a goodie...

is the grenade weapon attack Ranged? (that is, is the Ranged on the weapon card applying to BOTH attack types?)



Take a look at the weapon's card. All the information relating to the carbine is on the left whilst that for the grenade launcher is on the right. They both employ ranged attacks but the ranges and kill rolls etc. are different.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deephorse wrote:
isthar wrote:
to follow up on a goodie...

is the grenade weapon attack Ranged? (that is, is the Ranged on the weapon card applying to BOTH attack types?)



Take a look at the weapon's card. All the information relating to the carbine is on the left whilst that for the grenade launcher is on the right. They both employ ranged attacks but the ranges and kill rolls etc. are different.


Correct, I noticed there were two sides. I guess I worried that the top-right "Ranged" keyword applied to the main weapon and that the grenade section was somehow its own section, but come to think of it, since it is range 1-2 only... it better be considered ranged too
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is a ranged attack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minnie Wimbles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Is reloading the grenade launcher automatic, or does a player soldier have to spend an Action doing so? My instinct is that it should take an Action to reload, but the game mechanics may say otherwise.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
deephorse wrote:
Is reloading the grenade launcher automatic, or does a player soldier have to spend an Action doing so? My instinct is that it should take an Action to reload, but the game mechanics may say otherwise.

Automatic. Look on keywords "Single shot" in rulebook.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minnie Wimbles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks. Key rules are all over the place in the rulebook and it is easy to miss things.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.