Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bakke
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the recent release of a Jack Crusher card for the Stargazer, it hit me as seemingly strange that there has not been a Wesley Crusher card. Does anybody know if there is any reason for this or if it's just nothing more than being the last of Enterprise-D regular crew that has not yet seen a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably just prioritization. We didn't get Tasha until 1 year after release. (in a non-retail ship.) I suspect we'll see Wesley eventually.

Others we've yet to see: Dr. Pulaski, Guinan, an actual Q card, Lursa & B'Etor, K'Ehleyr, Mot. Plenty more ships coming!

I want a Tin Man ship I can fly around the board!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone was already speculating that Wesley will show up for the first time with the Sakharov, the prize ship for an upcoming Episode based OP call Peak Performance.

Wesley featured fairly prominently in the episode, though the Sakharov itself was only seen onscreen for a moment bringing the Master Strategist aboard the Enterprise. Memory Alpha mentions several other episodes featuring the Sakharov, and crew members more prominently linked with the shuttle include Cmd. Riker, Data, Geordi, and Dr. Pulaski.

I think it would be great to get a Wesley card in this prize pack. Additional crew cards for the major TNG crew and the first Dr. Pulaski card would also be great.

Wesley could be a great "add a tech slot" card, or one like Quark that brings a tech for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He should be zero points and his ability should be "Shut up Wesley" with no actual effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Wesley was executed for walking on the grass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender02 wrote:
He should be zero points and his ability should be "Shut up Wesley" with no actual effect.

The funny thing is this would actually be a reasonably useful card for "discard upgrades to do stuff" upgrades and boarding party scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
Ender02 wrote:

Or -
Wesley: Crew : 0 points. Reduce your captain's skill by one. Action: Disable this upgrade. Roll one attack die: on a crit your ship gains an aux token, on a hit re-roll your defense dice this round, on a BS or miss this action has no effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this one and a few other cards for BGG awhile back, enjoy.

(Click for bigger)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Wilson
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wesley's Ugly Sweater
Cost 1 pt

Action: roll +1 attack dice because the enemy is so distracted by laughing at how ugly that sweater is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Romero
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ender02 wrote:

All kidding aside, that wouldn't be fair. Love him or hate him, Wesley was a valuable member of the crew who did his share to save the ship plenty of times. Maybe an ability related to the Traveller or something related to his warp experiments. He could be one of those crew giving you an extra move or evade as he was frequently at the helm. Or maybe a scan as he was good with the engineering stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoggieMon wrote:
Ender02 wrote:

All kidding aside, that wouldn't be fair. Love him or hate him, Wesley was a valuable member of the crew who did his share to save the ship plenty of times. Maybe an ability related to the Traveller or something related to his warp experiments. He could be one of those crew giving you an extra move or evade as he was frequently at the helm. Or maybe a scan as he was good with the engineering stuff.

That's the thing about Wesley; he started out as a well-written character: a foil to the captain, someone to poke at Picard's one weakness as a leader.

Later on, lazy writers turned him into the Wunderkind everyone remembers him as. Any time they wrote themselves into a corner and needed a deus ex machina, they'd shove Wesley in there. (You know your character's experiencing some serious power creep when the only thing left they can think of to do with you is apprentice you to a godlike being...)

I'd love to see both an "Acting Ensign" Wesley Crusher card, with a modest but useful ability, and a late-series Wesley with a funky ability that reflects his on-screen OP'ness...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassiel33 wrote:
Probably just prioritization. We didn't get Tasha until 1 year after release. (in a non-retail ship.) I suspect we'll see Wesley eventually.

Others we've yet to see: Dr. Pulaski, Guinan, an actual Q card, Lursa & B'Etor, K'Ehleyr, Mot. Plenty more ships coming!

MOT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassiel33 wrote:

Bear in mind we still haven't had a prime universe Tasha yet. I wonder if at some point they might come out with a TNG crew upgrade pack like they did for DS9. Maybe a captain Riker that isn't awful, Pulaski, Wesley, Tasha, Guinan, Q then K'Ehleyr and Major Rakal as the token romulan/klingon crew, also I'd love an Admiral Necheyev.

The other thing I'd really like as Im putting together my maquis fleet is an Indy faction Thomas Riker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bakke
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiney_Norman wrote:
Cassiel33 wrote:

Bear in mind we still haven't had a prime universe Tasha yet.

Nor have we seen a Romulan Commander Sela. Coincidence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakkster wrote:
Nor have we seen a Romulan Commander Sela. Coincidence?

I'm hoping we might see Admiral Sela with the Haakona expansion, but we'll have to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wesley Crusher could be a good name for a torture device.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Underdonk
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
They are probably holding the Wesley Crusher card hostage until Attack Wing is featured on Wheaton's TableTop Show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Romero
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lonescout9 wrote:
They are probably holding the Wesley Crusher card hostage until Attack Wing is featured on Wheaton's TableTop Show.

That's kind of wired. He di X-Wing, which shows he's familiar with the Flight Path system, and he did Star Trek Catan (with Jerry Ryan I think) which shows he's willing to do Trek. Why no Attack Wing? Even Fleet Captain would be a good episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
After they kind of rooked him over in the last movie, maybe he's just not hot to promote Star Trek anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.