Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
The game started with both of us pretty much even. He got the third settlement built first but soon after I got mine. But his problems began when he drew two brick regions.

For most of the game he had both the largest army and the windmill, but right near the end it got interesting. I played the Black Knight and killed his only knight, then played my own. Because of the productive year for my timber, plus the Alchemist I played earlier, both timber (which had a Sawmill between them) got lots of recources and rotated to three each, and with Timber Fleet I traded them to build a three-commerce point building (I think Market Place). Now I had control.

Later I played an Arsonist, which backfired when I rolled a six, and got my Abbey killed, but soon I played it back. I gained control of the Collosus of Catan, but something always prevented me from playing it. So many turns began with me thinking I'd play it, but with Brigands and countless times the same resource was rolled, plus the Abbey, the Knight, and the Market Place, I didn't play it until the end.

Now it was me with 10 victory points, and John with 9. I saved up and bought another city, and burst up and screamed "I WIN!". To my surprise I realized that although a city was worth 2 victory points, I had counted in the settlement beneath it. I was embarassed. In the end it was 11 to 10, with me an inch ahead, and his turn came up. The Windmill was rolled and I knew the one I stole would decide if he one or lost this turn. I picked Brick, but it was fruitless for he had Mintage, and traded a Gold for his Brick, played a Library, then built a settlement on an empty space beside a road he had built many turns ago.

Although I lost, it was a very fun game (both of us agreed).

Final Score: James 11, John 12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.