Aaron Zea
Australia
flag msg tools
Hello!

In the special rules section it says: "Each time a hero or monster enters an empty space containing an apostate, that figure may immediately pick up that apostate without spending an action."
"While a hero or monster is carrying an apostate, it cannot perform a move action if it already performed a move action that turn."

I would like to clarify if my interpretation is correct.
Question: if a hero or monster has 4 speed. The figure's FIRST ACTION is a "move action", spends one MP to move on the apostate, thus picking it up. Then the hero/monster may use its remaining 3 MP. And as a SECOND ACTION, it cannot choose a "move action".

Is that correct? or by entering the space containing the apostate, the hero/monster cannot move any more, despite having more MP available from the current move action?

(Note: I'm planning to play this quest this weekend. Submitting it to FFG as well, but it may take a few days for a response from them.)

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Aaron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct interpretation:
Quote:
The figure's FIRST ACTION is a "move action", spends one MP to move on the apostate, thus picking it up. Then the hero/monster may use its remaining 3 MP. And as a SECOND ACTION, it cannot choose a "move action".

Incorrect interpretation:
Quote:
by entering the space containing the apostate, the hero/monster cannot move any more, despite having more MP available from the current move action?

I don't have that quest, but heroes and monsters might want to play around that by performing both movement actions before picking up the apostate. This way they would have 8MP stacked(assuming 4 speed), and thus could move 7MP after picking up apostate. Usually special rules like that have some additional rules to prevent exploit like this. For example in 1st quest of Labirynth of the ruin the goblin that picked up the objective would have speed lowered and it's remaining MP would be reduced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Zea
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think I fully understand your way around the quest rule.

What you are meaning is to start a move action, then interrupt it with a second move action, and in the process picking up the apostate. And since after picking up the apostate you are in the middle of resolving both move actions, then you can continue until you run out of remaining movement points.
Is that what you mean?

I guess that is one way of bending the rules of the quest.
But I doubt I would use it since I think the intention of the rule was to limit the movement of the figures after picking an apostate.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.