Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier Chen Liang
Malaysia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Would like to ask

Does the text on Chameleon mean:

1)That you can discard 1 {Superstar} for 1 result of your choice on another dice and 2 {Superstars} for 2 dices that have not resolved and so on?

2)That you can discard as many {Superstars} as you want to change the result of just 1 dice. (Maybe to avoid the disadvantages of Natural Selection)?

Of course I know most likely it is number 1 situation, but you never know, =P.

Thanks! ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
XavierCL wrote:

2)That you can discard as many {Superstars} as you want to change the result of just 1 dice. (Maybe to avoid the disadvantages of Natural Selection)?

Why would you ever do that? Let's say you roll 2 [Superstars]. Then you can just discard one of them and change the other to whatever you like.

The only way you can get eliminated by Natural Selection if you have Chameleon, is if you end your roll with 7 [Superstars].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the answer is #1. They wouldn't put a bunch of extra text on a card when it would only apply to small corner cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Chen Liang
Malaysia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
That is partly what I meant, could you use 2 dices to target just one dice that has not resolved? (In case you get 7 {Superstars})

And my point is, is it even an option to choose number 1 or 2? Or is number 1 the only answer? Or is number 2 the only answer?

Card reads: You may discard as many {Superstars} as you wish. For each {Superstar} discarded, you can change the face of ONE of the dice you haven't resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you wouldn't be eliminated even if you rolled 7 [Superstars]. Just discard 3 [Superstars] to change 3 of the other [Superstars]. Then discard the last [Superstar] and change one of the 3 remaining dice (that you have already changed).

But if we're to take the card literary, it says: "you can change the face of ...", so it doesn't sound like you must change it. This could matter if you ended your roll with just 1 [Superstar], but did not want to change any of the other dice you rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That combo is so broken, I think I'll house rule that it doesn't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.