Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Harding
United States
Mount Pleasant
South Carolina
flag msg tools
merely a dingbat pushing little wooden bits around a game board
mbmbmbmbmb
I added this game to a recent order from cardhaus almost as an afterthought. A friend mentioned it to me just as we were making our order, and pointed me to the rahdo runthrough. Seemed like something I could teach my daughter. Price was right...why the heck not?

The order came in on Weds, and my game group played a game last night. I'm very impressed. It's not likely to be common fare for my game group, but I could definitely see playing this with family. A lot.

It has just as much strategy as you wish to build into it. You can play it super-light with kids, or you can start counting dice, and figuring out how to screw the other players. As such, it seems like a great way to teach my daughter some strategic thinking.

My one criticism (I can live with the cheap card stock, considering the price), is that it seems like after a few plays, it's going to be too easy to memorize the cards, and start figuring out which items will be available in future rounds.

In short, this game needs a queenie. Even a tiny one. Three additional cards (a pool of 15, from which to randomly select 12 to play from) would make a big difference.

I figure this game probably hasn't been popular enough for Queen to bother with even the smallest expansion, but it's worth a shot, yes? Who's with me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barth
United States
Aurora
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree as well. 3 more would make a big difference. just like the cards from the treasure chest in Notre Dame expanded that game quite a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Spearmint - A Different Lifetime
mbmbmbmbmb
Good plan.. now, how receptive are Queen to their customers..? oh damn, better forget it now I guess.

[that really means, Queen Games, you have a chance to do something to promote yourselves, it would be incredible if you could surprise us!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neilhora wrote:
Good plan.. now, how receptive are Queen to their customers..? oh damn, better forget it now I guess.

[that really means, Queen Games, you have a chance to do something to promote yourselves, it would be incredible if you could surprise us!]

Don't make them Kickstart It Happens Big Box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.