Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I really enjoyed the game and this was not an issue for me, but others felt too much depended on the flip of the next city card to show where demand would be next. If this is your only complaint about the game, why not try having the next city card be face up so you can plan ahead - the Warren Buffett variant. Much better than letting the game languish.

Thanks for another great game, Michael.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in trying it. Do you worry that every round would just become a set-up to sell whatever happens to be highly valued next? Or do you think the building restrictions and competition for expansion actions would be enough to keep it interesting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I think there are longer term strategies, such that playing the short term tactical game might not be as successful as a longer-term approach.

I actually posted this just to encourage people to play it even if they read a review complaining about luck. It is so easy to mitigate the luck in the game that you should try it before judging it.

Given that carriages are piece-limited, I love the feel of the evolving/mutating network to take advantage of what might be coming next while at the same time diversifying or specializing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates on how this variant turned out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.