Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Alston
United States
Brevig Mission
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I didn't see this in the forum, hopefully, I didn't miss anything.

When reading through the rules, on planetary entrances, on lawful, it says, "If Bounty, can't enter."

Question #1 Does that mean that a player with a bounty can exit through the planetary entrance?

Next question, I think that I know the answer to this, but I want to make sure. A player passing through a planetary shield gains a bounty.

Question #2 Does a player potentially gains a bounty for going inside the planetary shield and for going outside once he's conducted his business on the planet (i.e. for every trip to a planet, an outlaw is going to get 2 bounties)?

I think that I know the answer to this as well, but I want to make sure.

Question #3 It doesn't matter what kind of planet it is (Lawful, Neutral, or Outlaw) the rules for the shields are the same, right? Meaning, that if you are innocent, and you travel through an outlaw planetary shield, you're going to get two bounties? 1 for associating with outlaws and 1 for crossing the planetary shield.

Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, outlaws can exit lawful gates.

2. Not necessarily, on each pass through a shield a ship will avoid getting a bounty by rolling 18-20.

3. Rules for shields are the same, but the rules for Lawful and Outlaw gates only apply to the Planetary Entrances (gates) so an innocent going through an outlaw planet's shield will get a bounty on a roll of 11-17 and no bounty on a roll of 18-20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Short
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve_Alst0n wrote:
Question #2 Does a player potentially gains a bounty for going inside the planetary shield and for going outside once he's conducted his business on the planet (i.e. for every trip to a planet, an outlaw is going to get 2 bounties)?

I'm not sure I understand this question. However, as answered above, when passing through a planetary shield, any ship gains +1,000 cR bounty only by rolling 11-17 whether or not the ship is currently innocent.

If an Innocent ship (one without a bounty) passes through an Outlaw planet's entrance in either direction, they will gain a bounty, but then they will be an Outlaw ship, so they will not gain another bounty the next time they go through an Outlaw planet's entrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P G
msg tools
I, too, have a question about entrances and would appreciate some clarification.

(Ignoring a ship's/planet's lawful/outlaw status) Does movement through planetary entrances function the same as movement through Normal Space? i.e. You don't have to make a dice roll for going through an entrance like you would for forcing through a planetary shield?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, moving through an entrance is a normal move, it just defines the boundaries of the planet itself (and in the case of Outlaw and Lawful planets, may cause you to gain a bounty or block your movement).

No dice roll is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawful Good wrote:
I, too, have a question about entrances and would appreciate some clarification.

(Ignoring a ship's/planet's lawful/outlaw status) Does movement through planetary entrances function the same as movement through Normal Space? i.e. You don't have to make a dice roll for going through an entrance like you would for forcing through a planetary shield?

Right.

You cannot shoot through them, so they act like a wall of sorts. However, anyone can move through (in or out) of a neutral or outlaw entrance. If you're bounty-free, using an outlaw entrance (in or out) will give you a 1,000cr bounty. If you have a bounty, you cannot enter through a lawful entrance, but you can escape from a lawful planet through its entrance.

It's all on p.13 of the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P G
msg tools
Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.