3 Posts

Fire in the Lake» Forums » Rules

Subject: Board Legend (1+Pop) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J L
Canada
flag msg tools
Why do the provinces on the board's legend show examples that include 1+Pop. Such as Highland, 1+Pop, Jungle, 1+Pop and Lowland, 1+Pop. This looks to me like a carry over from A Distant Plain where +1 population markers could be added to the board. Is there something I missed when reading the rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blitzkrieg119 wrote:
Why do the provinces on the board's legend show examples that include 1+Pop. Such as Highland, 1+Pop, Jungle, 1+Pop and Lowland, 1+Pop. This looks to me like a carry over from A Distant Plain where +1 population markers could be added to the board. Is there something I missed when reading the rulebook?

It means "1 or more." Some have 0.

Ex.
Loas & Cambodia - 0 Pop, Dark Green
South Vietnam, Phuoc Long - 0 Pop, Medium Green
South Vietnam, All other Jungles - 1 or more Pop, Light Green

Same for the Highlands.

Just another aid to help you spot what you're looking for when tallying up provinces with pop. points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J L
Canada
flag msg tools
Oh, I get it now. It isn't read as "one plus the population value", but as "one or more population". I saw it as a math equation!

I was also thrown off by the population square containing a 2 drawn smaller than the 1 pop square. I thought it was representing something else, like the chits from ADP.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.