Duel of Ages II» Forums » Rules

Subject: FOPP on Challenge Card when using a weapon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aengus LewellynMountain
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
When using a weapon in Melee or Fire/OpFire, and drawing a FOPP on a Challenge Card, is it automatically broken, or only with the one challenge card that actually states it.
I noticed that the rule is stated clearly for using dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether you are using dice or cards the odds of it are 1/100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aengus LewellynMountain
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you, however, I am looking for more.

I have only played DOA2 a few times now, and this has probably been answered before, but I cannot find clarification in the rules or any threads. Let my explain further my question.

When using the Challenger Cards to determine success or failure to Hit in Melee or Fire phase and after determining the Attacker or Defender advantage, if the result of the draw is a FOPP, is the weapon used destroyed?

OR

When using the Challenge Cards does a weapon break only when the one card that states this is drawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Griffard
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just any FOPP, it's only that specific card/roll of the dice. The weapon break occurs when the attacker rolls a 0 (the worst roll) and the defender rolls a 9 (the best roll). If you look in the bottom right hand corner of the challenge cards you'll see a two digit number that represents the dice roll that would produce the results table you see on the card.

So again, weapons only break with that specific card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aengus LewellynMountain
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks a lot. That is most helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Only that one single card (not just any FOPP) with break a weapon on a hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.