MIND» Forums » General

Subject: Semi-co-op instead of co-op? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
I'm a solo gamer mostly and thus I'm interested in any games that list as co-op, because usually these games can be soloed with no trouble. Semi-co-op games, on the other hand, require you to play both sides and are not as appealing to me.

So I think it would be a good idea to change the description of the game to say: "MIND: The Fall of Paradise is a semi-cooperative Sci-Fi 4X boardgame..." As the description reads now, it at first glance makes the game sound like a fully co-op asymmetric game (I know, right, AWESOME! Maybe someone makes the variant), where one player is the MIND and the others are the rebels and they work towards a common goal. Reading further, it appears to be a semi-co-op with the rebels against the MIND.

So a small thing, but very helpful for gamers like me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hey Kimmo,

Your point is great, I need to make the distinction, and I will modify the text. However, when you play the solo scenario you play as MIND and you do not need anyone else.

If you mean that you'd like to play the other scenarios also, but you can't because you need another person, then yes, you are again right, you need at least someone else.

Thanks for the input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
SaberRider wrote:

However, when you play the solo scenario you play as MIND and you do not need anyone else.

Oh, OK. I missed that in the description I suppose! That's cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.