Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if a disk with Shield of Faith and a poison counter receives lethal damage and you roll a 4+ on the Shiled d6? Do you just remove the poison counter and still remove the disk from the game?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
I think it could go either way. Both poison and shield of faith have effects that are triggered by being wounded so its a matter of which goes first.

If the poison effect goes first then all the damage and the poison counter would be removed then you roll to see if the shield saves you.

If the shield goes first then whether or not the shield activates the unit dies as when the shield acts to remove all the damage it would only get the poison counter. The damage would still be there so the disk dies.

... Normally in such cases the warhammer decides but I think it's a little silly for the player with iniative to have more deadly poison so I'd definitely ask for an official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think Shield goes on first as it works before disk takes wound "Priest: Until the end of the round, each time this disk would be removed as a casualty, roll a d6. On a 4+ remove all K on this disk instead." Poison removes Poison tokens & Damage tokens after the disk has taken its wound (died).

But as Shield can be used many times in a turn, this would mean that each Poison counter would require extra roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
That makes sense to me. So in theory the shield could save you if you're poisoned but you're at 1/4 instead of 1/2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree. Let's say I take poison, then you do me ten damage. The next thing is remind the damage and poison and put the wound.now we check if it is fatal, and if so we roll for shield of faith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Poison is removed in 2 cases:
1) Damage is about to be removed from a disk
2) Disk takes a wound (simultaneous with damage removal)

Shield of Faith is activated when damage is trying to convert into wound. It doesn't protect disk from wounds (so Tyrion will be able to kill disk under Shield of Faith with his special ability without a roll (err Shield roll, Tyrion has to roll 6 obviously)).

So 10 dmg & poison & Shield of Faith:

a) Damage is about to convert to a wound => Shield of Faith activates (lets assume success)
b) Damage is about to be removed from the disk => Poison (case 1) activates. Poison is removed instead
c) Damage is about to convert to a wound => Shield of Faith activates

Now ok I agree this could use a clarification, but I can't see how Poison Case 2 could activate before shield as shield can't do anything to wounds (just damage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So I think timing is clear. What I think may need is clarification, is Ronaldo's original question. Do Shield of Faith allow 2nd roll to same damage after poison is removed? My answer would be yes, since something happened in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.