King of Tokyo: Power Up!» Forums » General

Subject: Any Card Over Power ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Williams
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is there any Card that you feel is Over Powered and that you prefer not to play with it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hicks
United States
Evansville
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say overpowered really. I know some don't like to play with Giant Brain or Extra Head because they are pretty strong, but they are not gamebreaking in my opinion.

If you are referring to Evolution cards, Pandakai's are pretty strong as are Gigazaurs. Gigazaur has a few that if you get them at the same time it is almost impossible to defeat him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are several cards very powerful, almost 'overpowered'? Definitely. Do I prefer not to play with them? No way!

This isn't a finely balanced euro economic/resource simulation. It's B-movie monsters punching each other. Just have fun, and don't worry about what is 'fair'. It'll balance out in the long run, anyway.

And, for what it's worth, just to answer the question... I think the cards that give you extra dice are the most powerful in the game. If someone gets one (or both!) of them early on, it's pretty much over. But would I take them out of the game? That would deprive someone the fun of getting them and wreaking havoc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TRagedy wrote:
Is there any Card that you feel is Over Powered and that you prefer not to play with it ?

Since you posted this to the Power Up! board and not the main board, I'm going to assume you meant Evolutions.
In that case: no, there are no real overpowered Evolutions.
Unless you play by the interpretation that Bamboo Supply coughs up an Energy EVERY turn, and not just for the PLAYER's turn.

For base game, Jets/Wings can be annoying, but not necessarily overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We overpower even more.

FI ; Xray card.
I had it once, did 5 claws during my turn, my opponent got 5 xray token. Yeah.
Only 1 die left to throw with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maartend wrote:
We overpower even more.

FI ; Xray card.
I had it once, did 5 claws during my turn, my opponent got 5 xray token. Yeah.
Only 1 die left to throw with.

Shrink Rays give one Shrink token per ATTACK, NOT per Claw.
He would have to hit your 5 different times over 5 different turns for it to be an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.