Subject: Xp for skills rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilles Desaintcannat
France
Saint cannat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to use XP from other soldiers to use a skill card ? I don't do that cause i think that skill cards are personnal (for a soldier) but i'd like to read your opinions.

Gilles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skill cards are not purchased by soldiers' XP, but by resource points. XP from individual soldiers is being used to upgun the action cards (amongst other things, of course) and in that case any soldier with XP can pay the price.

If you are talking about campaign mode, then the skills are being purchased for mission XP, which are equal to the objective's location number as per page 19 of the rulebook (under The First Mission) and that XP is gained as a team, which can be redistributed in any way you like - except for a soldier before his first mission. Individual soldiers' XP are not used in this case either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axman George
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would make a more RPG-like game to house-rule this. I think paying 2x the resource point cost in XP for a skill might be the right balance.

I like the idea. Let us know if you try it and how it works!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Desaintcannat
France
Saint cannat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't talking about byuing a skill card but using a skill card like re-aquire for example... How do yoûplay this card ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, in this case it may be possible that only the soldier that has it should pay the cost alone. Upgunning, paying for locations or cancelling events' effects are payable by anyone in the squad, because it is explicitly mentioned in each case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.