North Carolina
msg tools
mb
Ten to be exact, and no rares, or much less, super rares. Kinda bummed on that, to be honest. I guess rares, are really rare.

Here's what I got:

Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence
Vision - Android

Iceman - Mister Friese
Apocalypse - Awakened

Pyro - Pyrokinetic
Emma Frost - Archvillain

Wolverine - Antihero
Vision - Density Control

Marvel Girl - Superhero
Magik - Ilyana Rasputina

Magneto - Hellfire Club
Bishop - Omega Squad

Juggernaut - Kuurth
Sentinel - Mutant Hunter

Sentinel - Archvillain
Mister Sinister - Archvillain

Wolverine - Antihero
Sabretooth - Something To Prove

Namor - Atlantean
Ant-Man - Biophysicist

First impressions are that the cards are all kinda funked up. Some are ok, some are bent all to heck...the collector in me squealed in pain. I had heard already that this could happen, though, and I'm hoping I can flatten them out, as I don't think it's permaneant bends.

The art is ok...some is really nice, some is kinda meh. Take Magik...pretty bad, honestly. So is Namor's, but Magneto is still simplistic, yet cool looking. Anyway...I really don't understand why each rarity doesn't have a different picture, either. That's just straight up lazy.

The dice, however, are really cool. I haven't checked them out, but they all seem to be in great shape.

All in all, I'm not blown away...but...haven't even played yet. I hope to do so tomorrow. Just wanted to have people comment on the card rarity, for one thing. That kinda bummed me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have gotten some bad packs, but these cards are LIGHT YEARS away from the horror that early adopters saw in the AvX set.

feeds were about 1/2 the size with 2/3s the packs. I got a pack where the cards were this shape: "W"

Shudder...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After buying 15 packs randomly twice and a gravity feed I can say you got a really bad draw. The distributions for this I thought were far better than avx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GARY SEVEN
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heh, I must have got the better packs before you (lol)

FWIW:

3 Packs opened:

(1)

#56 - She-Hulk - Jennifer Walters (C)
#71 - Falcon - Recon (U)

(2)

#53 - Sabretooth - Something to Prove (C)
#120 - Vision - Victor Shade (R)

(3)

#51 - Pyro - Saint-John (pronounced 'Sinjin' btw) Allerdyce (C)
#80 - Namor - Atlantean (U)

Dice and cards pretty good (no card tacos).

I did not have any of these cards or dice (except for a previous Namor die so I am glad)

Sadly did not get to play any DM today also due to crazy eurogaming at the Library due to IGD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

North Carolina
msg tools
mb
So, if I go back and the feed looks the same, I should buy up, huh? Guess some rares are still in there. Maybe. It looked half empty. Just might do that, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will C
msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought just over a feed + 30. I'm missing about 5 rares, 1 uncommon, and 1 SR... so yea...

Compare that to AvX where I bought 2 feeds + 30, I'm missing 2 uncommon, 14 rare, and 3 SRs...

So yea.. they've noticeably improved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GARY SEVEN
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I wish that if people were buying packs a la carte they would open them at the checkout, then go back to the aisle and record what they got on a running tally on a sticky note on the box ( e.g. R - llll , SR - ll ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

North Carolina
msg tools
mb
KUMARI wrote:

I wish that if people were buying packs a la carte they would open them at the checkout, then go back to the aisle and record what they got on a running tally on a sticky note on the box ( e.g. R - llll , SR - ll ).

Maybe if this was in the 1800's, lol. Not gonna happen, now. Good idea, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Judnick
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gulshog wrote:
Ten to be exact, and no rares, or much less, super rares. Kinda bummed on that, to be honest. I guess rares, are really rare.

Here's what I got:

Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence
Vision - Android

Iceman - Mister Friese
Apocalypse - Awakened

Pyro - Pyrokinetic
Emma Frost - Archvillain

Wolverine - Antihero
Vision - Density Control

Marvel Girl - Superhero
Magik - Ilyana Rasputina

Magneto - Hellfire Club
Bishop - Omega Squad

Juggernaut - Kuurth
Sentinel - Mutant Hunter

Sentinel - Archvillain
Mister Sinister - Archvillain

Wolverine - Antihero
Sabretooth - Something To Prove

Namor - Atlantean
Ant-Man - Biophysicist

No Rares is a bummer for sure, but you got a ton of Uncommon cards from the starter set, which are by far the hardest dice to get if you are looking for a full complement of 4 (or 8 if you are collecting for two).
I have purchases a feed and about another 30 packs, and am pulling a rare in 1 out of every 5 packs (but have yet to pull more than one magneto, juggy, or quicksilver). There should be 16 rares to a feed, so if you're luck was that dismal, odds are the next person to buy got extremely lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my results from the first 9 Booster Packs I purchased:

Common:
#41 - Emma Frost - Archvillain
#47 - Mystique - Ageless (x2)
#51 - Pyro - Saint-John Allerdyce
#53 - Sabretooth - Something to Prove
#54 - Scarlet Witch - Wanda Maximoff
#55 - Sentinel - Mutant Hunter
#57 - Spider-Man - Hero for Hire
#58 - Storm - Weather Witch
#60 - Vision - Density Control

Uncommon:
#66 - Bishop - Branded a Mutant
#69 - Captain America - "Follow Me!"
#73 - Juggernaut - Kuurth (x2)
#78 - Mister Sinister - Nasty Boy
#85 - Red Hulk - a.k.a. Rulk
#86 - Sabretooth - Survivor

Rare:
#99 - Cable - Time Traveler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

North Carolina
msg tools
mb
fwj_777 wrote:
[q="Gulshog"

No Rares is a bummer for sure, but you got a ton of Uncommon cards from the starter set, which are by far the hardest dice to get if you are looking for a full complement of 4 (or 8 if you are collecting for two).
I have purchases a feed and about another 30 packs, and am pulling a rare in 1 out of every 5 packs (but have yet to pull more than one magneto, juggy, or quicksilver). There should be 16 rares to a feed, so if you're luck was that dismal, odds are the next person to buy got extremely lucky.

Went back to the same feed, looked the same, so I bought 10 more. I got 4 rares, Storm, Mr. Sinister, Cerebro, and Black Panther. Probably gonna try it again tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Havranek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spent 20$ got a Scarlet Witch SR, I am now addicted to this game and buying boosters... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's haul. 5 booster packs & scored an SR

Common:
#35 - Ant-Man - Biophysicist
#36 - Apocalypse - Awakened
#38 - Black Panther - Wakanda Chief
#39 - Cable - Man of Action
#50 - Psylocke - Betsy Braddock
#60 - Vision - Density Control

Uncommon:
#65 - Apocalypse - Archvillain
#78 - Mister Sinister - Nasty Boy

Rare:
#97 - Bishop - XSE

Super Rare:
#123 - Emma Frost - Hellfire Club

With this, I also now have 2 dice each for:
Emma Frost
Sabretooth
Bishop
Cable
Mister Sinister
Vision
Apocalypse
Mystique

..which means they are officially added to my "can be used to play" inventory! woot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpidermanGeek wrote:

With this, I also now have 2 dice each for:
Emma Frost
Sabretooth
Bishop
Cable
Mister Sinister
Vision
Apocalypse
Mystique

..which means they are officially added to my "can be used to play" inventory! woot.

Don't discount cards for which you only have a single die. Sometimes, you may not expect to field more than one die for a particular character (particularly if it's costly). Also, you may just want the card in play for its global effect (knowing that you will never actually buy a die from it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but I am extremely new to this game (i've played once against another player so far, lol).. so I haven't started playing with that kind of mentality yet (I haven't even played with more than 2 cards per player yet), but..that's a good tip to keep in mind. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cha Liang Chu
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Indeed, games are pretty short and you hardly have time to buy one of each you have out.

I got lucky, went to a rainbow draft I wasn't sure I'd go to. I recently got into playing limited Magic (draft), and wasn't sure to start another collectible game, knowing I spent a lot of money on Pokémon and YGO in the past, with hardly ever playing them. I liked collecting and I wasn't the smartest kid financially back then. That's why I love draft, buy cards and immediately use them, no need to build a collection beforehand. They told me about the draft and I decided to get a starter kit (and some days later found AvX somewhere).

No-one showed up.
They were seeing how many people'd show up in a no-sign-up draft tourney. But one the the guys of the FLGS offered to play against me and gave me some discount on the boosters for showing up.

First bought 8, got Scarlet Witch - Controls Probability (SR). Got playing, talking a bit, telling him lately I'm pretty lucky with boosters (got 4 fetchlands at 3 drafts with Magic) and asked him about the numbers of the gravity feed they had out.
At least one super rare besides my Scarlet Witch had been pulled, and not everyone opened their boosters in the shop, so he didn't know a third SR had been pulled.
After playing and losing 0-2, I decided to get 4 more boosters, joking I'd maybe get a Spider-man - Superhero.

And I got it.

They're both up on an auction site right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got another 14 Boosters yesterday. I'm not as satisfied with the results this time around and I'm starting to get a good amount of doubles and triples which is a bit of a bummer.

Common:
#37 - Bishop - Omega Squad
#39 - Cable - Man of Action
#40 - Captain America - Special Ops
#44 - Magik - Illyana Rasputina
#45 - Marvel Girl - Telekinetic
#46 - Mister Sinister - Archvillain
#52 - Red Hulk - Thunderbolt Ross
#56 - She-Hulk - Jennifer Walters
#59 - Toad - Tongue Lashing

Uncommon:
#67 - Black Panther - T'Challa
#77 - Marvel Girl - Superhero
#80 - Namor - Atlantean
#82 - Psylocke - Ninjutsu
#83 - Pyro - Pyrokinetic
#92 - Wolverine - Antihero
#93 - X-23 - Assassin
#94 - Cerebro - Supercomputer

Rare:
#103 - Iron Man - Superhero

So 18 new cards for me in that pull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today was even less fruitful. Picked up 5 boosters and only managed to get 3 new cards our of 10. I think I'm pretty much done investing in boosters. I have enough with 68 unique character cards and dice now to get a lot of variety for playing. My wife already thinks I've spent too much money on this game. lol.

Common:
#62 - Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence

Uncommon:
#87 - Sentinel - Archvillain

Rare:
#102 - Falcon - Air Strike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.