Subject: Any 2 player variant rules that people use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben saylor
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
I'm looking for a variant rule system to spice up 2 player games. It feels like with 2 players getting your cars in a line and then using lots of draft movements can cause a near insurmountable lead. Does anyone have experience with variants to fix this issue?

I'm thinking of maybe using a dummy team that's hand is a pile of cards. Players alternate at the end of their turns flipping a card and moving the dummy team (not sure how to handle pitting decisions--maybe each car with 4 wear markers pits). This way players can use this other team to help/hurt/disrupt. I also think this team should score points and could possibly beat each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of things a friend of mine and I are considering is having each player running 2 or 3 teams, but to see which of us won, comparing out lowest scoring team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Borba
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben,

I just uploaded a file with Horger's solo rules allowing "dummy" cars to impact the game. It also has a chart for when these dummy cars perform pit stops.

This may add the variant you're looking for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.