Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the "Rating" column used for when logging plays here? I could never figure that out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no rating field related to logging plays.

if you are searching for the game then then logging plays in the search results screen, then that rating is for what you rate the game out of 10. but again it's not actually related to the logging of plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is another aspect to this. If you just log a play, then the game does not get added to your BGG "collection." However if you rate a game then it will be in your collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to pretend to be a "know it all", but I have several games listed in my collection that I have neither rated nor have I logged a play yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:

I meant when you record a play and you add a player, there's a Ratings field for each player. What is that for? Or do people not use that field?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never used it before. All I ever record is how many plays and what date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
ruazn2 wrote:
What is the "Rating" column used for when logging plays here? I could never figure that out...
You can use that to mark down how each player rated that particular play. Over multiple plays of the same game that could help indicate familiarity with the rules or picking up more strategies.

You could also use it to input how each person rates the game itself. You won't need if you usually play the same games with the same people, but it could be useful if you're trying out a bunch of new games (like at a convention) and want to record first impressions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Meyers
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ruazn2 wrote:
abodi wrote:

I meant when you record a play and you add a player, there's a Ratings field for each player. What is that for? Or do people not use that field?

That looks like a player rating for games that have standardized player ratings like the Elo system (eg. chess). You could enter the other players rating as a reference for the play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
Not to pretend to be a "know it all", but I have several games listed in my collection that I have neither rated nor have I logged a play yet.

The ones you've put on your wishlist or written comments for will also be in your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
When logging plays, I use the rating field to record a player's final position in the game. Which is probably an abuse of that field ... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:

They may be games you have previously had on your wishlist? Or 'want in trade' or something? You should be able to remove them (if you want to) - in your Collection list there should be a red X next to each game, you can delete them from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
sabbat00 wrote:

The ones you've put on your wishlist or written comments for will also be in your collection.

Also everything you have added to your collection, whether Owned or not, is in your collection. How logical!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.