Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about stealing items. For example, the Spoils card Court Collar allows me to steal a scepter.

I assume that means my opponent must have a scepter, else I cannot "steal" one.

More importantly - if the scepter is flipped over (inactive), when I steal it, does it stay flipped, or do I flip it back to the front so that I could use it later that Night?

Also, if both players have a leader in the district, who places their marker first? The player with Supremacy? or the player who won the district, and then if tied the player with Supremacy?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Toth
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:
I have a question about stealing items. For example, the Spoils card Court Collar allows me to steal a scepter.

I assume that means my opponent must have a scepter, else I cannot "steal" one.

Correct. The same applies for gaining an item; if there are none in the supply you gain nothing.

whattheproblemis wrote:
More importantly - if the scepter is flipped over (inactive), when I steal it, does it stay flipped, or do I flip it back to the front so that I could use it later that Night?

No, if you steal an inactive item it remains inactive.

whattheproblemis wrote:
Also, if both players have a leader in the district, who places their marker first? The player with Supremacy? or the player who won the district, and then if tied the player with Supremacy?

That's actually a pretty good question. I can see how there's a bit of wiggle room since the rules for Seizures have it broken down into 2 steps.

So an example:
Player B has supremacy, but Player A wins the District. Player A places 1 or 2 markers depending on the night card in play. Both players have a Leader in the District. Does Player A place the first marker (having won the District) or does Player B (having supremacy)?

Personally, we've played that the player who won the district continues to place their markers first. I'm kind of curious how much of a swing there could be in a game if it follows supremacy instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.